Polar Mod Clock Time Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
B0E74F6E-7513-46D3-A6EB-390F62EFD7EC.jpeg

If you wonder why your Polar mod clock loses time so much, it’s because the clock stops when you remove the batteries and resumes when you insert the batteries. I noticed how the time lagged when I swapped batteries and so I removed them for a few more minutes and noticed the clock lagged a few more minutes. I guess it has a software clock and not a hardware clock.

I tested my VBoy 200W the same way and no time loss, so it must have a hardware clock. I never expected a software clock.

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
What's your VBoy like on Temp Control compare to a proper yihi? Is it good???
It’s the only YiHi chipped mod I have and it’s also the best TC mod I have. Seems perfectly calibrated and no quirks. It just works perfectly every time. It’s also very toughly built and the display is deeply recessed so it won’t get scratches or damaged. The single annoyance is that the paint starts wearing through on the edges after a couple months of daily use.

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
I'll try one out, thank you
The Polar mod I recently bought is a very solid TC performer. A couple quirks though. You have to spin the tank on fast for accurate ohm measurement and set the SS TCR to 84. Definitely update the firmware to fix a couple things. It lets you vape while charging too. The VBoy won’t. Oh and the mesh tank that the Polar comes with is a super flavor tank. No TC coils for it, but it outflavors every tank I have.

Reactions: stols001

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2018
I like to charge my batteries on a charger as everyone here seems to suggest all the time to do.

I noticed on someone's youtube video about the vboy, there's a very tiny battery inside located next to the capacitor at the back of the pcb, I suppose that's for the clock/date??? Which explains no time loss???

I got the GTRS VBoy V2 coming in the mail soon hopefully.

Last edited:

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
I like to charge my batteries on a charger as everyone here seems to suggest all the time to do.

I noticed on someone's youtube video about the vboy, there's a very tiny battery inside located next to the capacitor at the back of the pcb, I suppose that's for the clock/date??? Which explains no time loss???

I got the GTRS VBoy V2 coming in the mail soon hopefully.
Yup. I suspected it had a clock battery. Charging batteries in the mod is okay if you have it in a cool place so they don’t get too hot since they are confined in the mod. With the Polar I can pop the back panel off if it’s too warm.

The VBoy is a solid mod. Nearly as substantial as my Aegis 100W except being waterproof.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Polar is a great mod. Fits perfect in my hand and that fire button is nice and large. And the Cascade Baby tank is awesome! Have a few different GT Core coils from Vaporesso and the mesh stands out as the best in my opinion. The GT Core coils are modeled after the Smok TFV8 Baby coil which so far I have found roughly 18 different coil manufactures that make compatible coils. Guaranteed to find a compatible replacement should your local shop be out of stock of the GT coils.

Vaporesso is coming out with a new Skarr tank and 3 new coils…2 Mesh with flax fiber and a SS Ceramic. They state the GT Core coils will work with the new tank so will assume the new coils will work with the Cascade Baby (and the NRG which is another great tank)

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
Polar is a great mod. Fits perfect in my hand and that fire button is nice and large. And the Cascade Baby tank is awesome! Have a few different GT Core coils from Vaporesso and the mesh stands out as the best in my opinion. The GT Core coils are modeled after the Smok TFV8 Baby coil which so far I have found roughly 18 different coil manufactures that make compatible coils. Guaranteed to find a compatible replacement should your local shop be out of stock of the GT coils.

Vaporesso is coming out with a new Skarr tank and 3 new coils…2 Mesh with flax fiber and a SS Ceramic. They state the GT Core coils will work with the new tank so will assume the new coils will work with the Cascade Baby (and the NRG which is another great tank)
The Polar is my daily mod. I TC vape so I use my Troll or new Intake with SS clapton coils. I put the Cascade on my Aegis which looks fabulous. Now if they only made a mesh coil for TC mode it would be even more fabulous.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Freemax makes a SS Mesh coil for their Mesh Pro tank. I have yet to try them so can’t comment (it’s on my bucket list). The tank is fugly, especially with it’s fish bowl style bubble glass. But it performs great.

I also throw my Cascade tank on my Aegis Legend from time to time.

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
Freemax makes a SS Mesh coil for their Mesh Pro tank. I have yet to try them so can’t comment (it’s on my bucket list). The tank is fugly, especially with it’s fish bowl style bubble glass. But it performs great.

I also throw my Cascade tank on my Aegis Legend from time to time.
Keeping an eye on the rebiuldable mesh RTAs. So far the Themis looks the best to me, but I’m not crazy about the efficacy of the side airflow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread