Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
First... so when you take the batteries out of the mod to charge them... it resets the clock. so you have to frickin adjust the clock every time you put in batteries.
i would have thought the clock worked on it's own separate battery...

So my question is this... in order to not reset the clock every day.. is it safe to charge via usb port? the instructions say you can.. but i know a few months ago it was said that you always charge batteries on a charger. Or is that just certain devices?

I'm a bit confused on if the company that makes the mod says in the instructions you can charge the mod via usb... does that mean its safe to do??

Reactions: stols001

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
If a MOD of mine has built in charging I use it and I have no concerns with using it. Even with 2 4 bay chargers I run out of slots so I will need to use the built in charging and if I am on vacation I do not normally bring a charger. Many will argue and give multiple reasons for their opinions but many of those opinions are not based on personal experience. Although I don't own the MOD you are talking about it is on my wish list! Good Luck.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
If a MOD of mine has built in charging I use it and I have no concerns with using it. Even with 2 4 bay chargers I run out of slots so I will need to use the built in charging and if I am on vacation I do not normally bring a charger. Many will argue and give multiple reasons for their opinions but many of those opinions are not based on personal experience. Although I don't own the MOD you are talking about it is on my wish list! Good Luck.

well just remember, you have to set the clock when changing batteries!!!
i am truly stumped because the puff counter doesn't reset.

Also with light use, i have scratches on my screen. Bugs me as my mod is pretty new and other than being in my back pocket or hoody pocket it is in a stand. the good is the scratches aren't any more noticable than the finger prints. if you have a tablet, you know after so long you stop wiping the damn thing and don't see the finger prints any more.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Having to reset the clock would be a good reason I would only charge with the internal charger! Do you have a second set of batteries for the MOD? The Puff counter on my Alien doesn't reset with a quick swap but it has reset when I left no batteries in it for a few days. That annoyed me so I swap batteries quickly when I charge them in a charger.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
Having to reset the clock would be a good reason I would only charge with the internal charger! Do you have a second set of batteries for the MOD? The Puff counter on my Alien doesn't reset with a quick swap but it has reset when I left no batteries in it for a few days. That annoyed me so I swap batteries quickly when I charge them in a charger.

ok i can do that, i do have more married batteries. just sometimes, I have children and animals... i get caught in the middle of something.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
First... so when you take the batteries out of the mod to charge them... it resets the clock. so you have to frickin adjust the clock every time you put in batteries.
i would have thought the clock worked on it's own separate battery...

So my question is this... in order to not reset the clock every day.. is it safe to charge via usb port? the instructions say you can.. but i know a few months ago it was said that you always charge batteries on a charger. Or is that just certain devices?

I'm a bit confused on if the company that makes the mod says in the instructions you can charge the mod via usb... does that mean its safe to do??
I insert a fresh set of batteries every time I remove the old set for charging. Good to have spare sets of batteries anyway. The Revenger supposedly has OK balance charging, but from the one or two times I've charged through the USB I seem to remember that the mod got a bit warmer than I'm fully comfortable with. And remember that if you screw up the USB by charging you won't be able to upgrade /reinstall the firmware if you need to.

I have the original Revenger, not the X.

Sent from my Thor E using Tapatalk

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
ooh, finding your mod in the dark! like car trips.. bedroom.. etc
It never shuts off? No adjustment for clock display time?

i have it set to not go off for 30 mins.
I've been vaping for years, but i've only been smoke free for 7 days.
I've been making sure to vape more often. I think in the past i'd wait too long.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You can charge via USB, it does have some disadvantages (potentially). I know folks who want to charge internally some of them have magnet systems that just hook to the port, likely reducing wear and tear, so that might be an option (not sure how expensive those systems are). With that said, I'd be more likely to be irritated by having to wait for the USB charge to happen (I will not USB charge overnight, or charge at all overnight) but if that's less annoying than resetting the clock, you can, but I'd get all your firmware they way you like it (if there are updates) before starting USB charging exclusively.... and there is the chance of getting unbalanced batteries, especially if you never rotate them. I would probably just reset the clock, personally.

I WANT a mod with a clock, quite a bit. First, it's one less thing to carry if I am vaping outside or somewhere away from my phone (which otherwise, I have to bring it with me). I also just think it's a cool concept, really, in general. Oh, I'd love to wear a watch, but I break them somehow (or they die... rapidly) or I lose them. But there are often times I am vaping without access to a clock and having to bring my phone with me, and sometimes even if it's for short periods of time (say I am cooking, but venture outside for a bit) I'd LOVE to have a clock. I see its usefulness for me and for many others. I'm just worried about scratching one up if I tip it over.

But, someday, I will have a mod with a clock on it and be very happy about it indeed. :)

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread