• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Poll for Interest in F1 Racing for the VIP 2 year Anniversary

Will you be attending Aug 14th and will you be racing?

• I'll go, but I won't be racing, I'll do other stuff :toast:

• I'll go AND I'll race at 4:00 on the 1/2 mile track and understand the cost is $30 :2cool:

• I'll go and race BUT 4:00 is too late for me to stay. I understand the cost is $30 :2cool:

• I don't want to go THERE! :mad:

• I can't go on that day! :(

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
UPDATE 7/20/2011 - PLEASE READ

Just talked to F1 and NO DEPOSIT is going to be needed! Yay! I'll need to give them a pretty accurate head count the week before (for their food prep people) so please indicate your participation. Details about packages for racing/food and for just food is below:

I just received this email this morning:

It was a pleasure speaking with you today. Attached is a copy of the proposal you requested for Sunday August 14th. Please look this over and let me know what changes you would like to see made. I have two prices for your guests, one with racing and one without. The per person charge for racing is $31.26/person (race at 4:00, 2 appetizers/soda/water) and $11.84/person for just food (2 appetizers/soda/water).

In order to secure the event time and date, I will need the attached booking form signed and faxed back along with a deposit in the amount of $293.68. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks again.

Sincerely,

DARIN PROSZEK
Corporate Sales Manager
F1 Race Factory
317 S. 48th St.
Phoenix, AZ 85034

CRAP... :blink:

Darin never mentioned a stinking deposit in our phone convos and emails so that was a shock... Soooooo I'm going to email/call to negotiate no deposit (as in none). We'll see how it goes and may have to cancel F1. Watch this space and Facebook for more info/updates.

Also DO NOTE that there is a food/beverage package available (price above) to those going but NOT racing (2 appetizers and pop/water).
Thanks!
Hellen
*end of Update*

Please mark the Poll to indicate if you are going and add your thoughts below to this thread for the F1 Racing outing on August 14th.

We need 10 confirmed to get the discount deal for racing/food/sodas (I think we have 9 interested in racing so far, so this will give us a better head count and also an idea of who has interest). The cost with tax and service fee should be about $30 per person racing.

Even if you aren't racing, please indicate your attendence... I need to give them a head count.

Those who don't race will be able to participate in games and other fun stuff as well as buy your own food and drinks, spending whatever you want (like our normal socials). Perhaps we can still get a billiards tourney going with a prize for some added fun! We also will have an area set aside for us to all gather in with a confirmed group discount deal of at least 10 racing.

See the thread with more info. on the other activities available to us there if you aren't going to race and aren't sure if you want to go or not yet Help! Ideas for celebration of VIP Social Group 2 Year Anniversary!

If we stay later, we have a full 1/2 mile track to race on so keep in mind that we'll probably wait until 4:00 to run the cars!

Please choose all the appropriate areas of the poll. We'll probably discuss this quickly at the VIP meeting at Zikwid Lounge this month (see the July meeting notice in our forum July 24th VIP Social CHANGE OF VENUE info!!). I'll book us as soon as I get a group of at least 12 racing (in case we have a few no shows).

EDIT: UPDATE FOR WHO IS RACING:
1-Vicky
2-Barry (only if he wears his Hello Kitty helmet!)
3-Chad (?)
4-Gary
5-Joel
6-Dennis
7-Joie P.
8-Andrew (??? Andrew you still racing???)
9- JJ's teenage son
10-JohnGalt
11-Mr. Handbasket (most likely, returning from a biz trip that morning but should be back to race at 4:00)
12-Bob

If you are on this list and decide you can't go (and race) PLEASE let me know!! We have to have 10 confirmed.

Thanks!
Hellen

Last edited:

vapeopotamus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yeah no racing for me:

Are there height or weight limitations?

We will do our best to accommodate drivers of most sizes, but certain minimum and maximum height restrictions apply. Generally, height can range from 4'6" (54") to 6' 6" (78"). We do not have a minimum weight standard but generally will not be able to accommodate persons in excess of 260 lbs depending on size of their frame. Our pit crew will make the final determination on a driver's ability to safely participate on our race track. Refunds will be given if you do not meet any of the height or weight limitations.

vapeopotamus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I know it is a month after the anniversary but Vegas Vapefest would be awesome if we could figure out how to rent a big van and get a group hotel room or something. I have no clue what kind of cost that would work out to and how many we would need. A vapefest Screams Vaping?!

vapeopotamus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Ok did some light research - Rooms are 59.00+tax at the flamingo using group rate code a 12 passenger van would be 230.00 (19.17 pp) + there would be gas cost to consider. I don't know what taxes are in vegas. The van gets about 10/13 MPG vegas is about 574 miles round trip. So if this is right and correct me if I am wrong 574miles / 10MPG = 57.4 Gas at a High estimate $4.00 per gallon = 229.60 (19.13pp) I guess this would be fairly pricey per person too. :(

NebulaBrot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2010
in the NEBULA
Too early for me to commit one way or the other. If I am here in AZ, I will do my best to be there.

But, with 4 hours of round trip driving to attend ~ shoe-horning my jolly jiant frame into a go-cart for more driving is probably not for me. I might do other stuff, perhaps the Weird Al and/or climbing wall - but those can be decided day of. Or, I might just hang out, chat and vape... :p

Sorry I missed yesterday, hope all had fun.

Please remember that not all of us FB and/or twit so I hope these ECF threads get updated too. ;)

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Don't worry, I'll update here. Yah, Facebook has kind ruined our forum.

I'd really like to know if we're to expect you. The wait staff needs to have a head count for eating there for food prep. I understand if you don't want to commit... but then it's on me to let them know how many are going.

After all.... it is a special meeting... our 2 year anniversary! Hope you'll consider going. We'll pour VG on you to grease you up to fit you in a car. LOL

NebulaBrot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2010
in the NEBULA
I'd really like to know if we're to expect you. The wait staff needs to have a head count for eating there for food prep. I understand if you don't want to commit... but then it's on me to let them know how many are going.
Please post the deadline for the headcount and I'll give a confirmed answer. Right now is too early as I do not know for certain if I will be here or away. But if I can be there, I will (save your VG for vape juice)! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread