POLL on e2 cartomizer

What does everyone think of the e2 cartomizer?

• Dislike

• Like with mod (PTB ect)

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gingersnaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
everywhere
I have only tried one type of carto and could not tolerate the filler taste. I refuse to use them now that I have the e2. the lifespan is really good so far and the juice lasts a good while. also I never have a burnt taste till I am near empty. I have only modded one thing on them. the bottom plug was replaced with a bottom plug from normal cartos that have a indented ring on the bottom.these snap around the cup and seal perfectly. they are as easy to fill as other cartos now.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
You removed the filler ring to clean or to fill? I'd be interested in the 'normal' bottom plug you are talking about.

I find you really have to clean these first. Yes you can get some without lubricant or w/e in them but you are taking a big chance and I have lost alot of juice to this. So for me I will always at least run hot tap water through them when they are new and to do that you have to take off the filler ring and once taken off they cannot consistently be replaced properly.

I have only tried one type of carto and could not tolerate the filler taste. I refuse to use them now that I have the e2. the lifespan is really good so far and the juice lasts a good while. also I never have a burnt taste till I am near empty. I have only modded one thing on them. the bottom plug was replaced with a bottom plug from normal cartos that have a indented ring on the bottom.these snap around the cup and seal perfectly. they are as easy to fill as other cartos now.

gingersnaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
everywhere

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Interesting, thanks...

yes I don't like carrying a needle around so I popped it out. I have no clue how to post a pic so here is a link to a similar pic. I use the clear plug. the ones I have have a larger center hole than in the pic though. it doesn't fit as deep into the sides of the cup and is thicker on top so grabbing it with tweezers or screwdriver is effortless. http://www.e-cig.org/wp-content/plugins/image-shadow/cache/94fa72ed4b0b3415b7b0602f3f8930cb.jpg

Ngspotts

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2010
Mission Viejo, CA
I had some trouble getting the new E2's to wick well. I remove the inner filler ring and they wick much better. I really enjoy these now. I have used the PTB mod and it works great as well. Dont try these at high voltages heats up the coil too much. The new 3ohm ones work great at 3.7. They hit hard and produce massive amounts of vapor. And if you do a rinse and a dryburn you'll have pure flavor from your juices.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CANCHASER

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
LAKE WALES
I have to say i really like them the best of all. I had just ordered 4 boxes of the coolcarts, had a box of these and the first attempt at these, i hated them. Got on here and learned a little. Soaked the ce's in hot water, blew out the excess, did the reverse taryn spin and filled them with juice. I've battled for a week trying to make myself use the 4 boxes of coolcarts and just can't do it. So i made my first order to china this morning for 100 of the ce carts, yes there is that big of a difference.

kodos96

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2010
La Jolla, CA
And I also think the company itself is pretty unethical and I don't really like to support that.

Unethical how? I've only just recently started reading up on CE2s, so I'm not familiar with the history.

Oh, and btw, the 808 you convinced me to upgrade to back in the newbie forum has really been working out great for me... thanks for helping out a confused newb!

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
Whoa, just saw this now! Wonky Most Posts thing...

The history of the CE2 is long and complicated. Basically, they were initially in negotiations with Vapor4Life (V4L) to sell exclusively through them. But V4L was unhappy with their unwillingness to raise the product to a quality standard where they were willing to sell it. Bad sign.

So V4L gave up their exclusive agreement, and the company that makes them (Royal Smokers) started selling them, to universally bad reviews.

Vapers, ever hopeful, kept buying them, and complaining. Slowly, Royal Smokers started updating and improving it.

They were, and continued to up until recently, sending out old, inferior batches with the new ones, refusing refunds, and operating in a generally shady way the whole time. People kept buying them anyway. And the product did slowly improve.

Now we're at Revision 4 of the CE2, said to be the final revision. Lots of people like them now, and when they work, they work great.

But the quality control is still lacking. There are still CE2's going out with wicks that are too short and inefficient, rendering them basically unvape-able without modding, and last I heard, they even sell them with modding material in the box.

To me, a company that would rather send you something to fix their broken product than fix it themselves is unethical.

Lots of people deal with it, because when they're good, they're great. But I'm not willing to. I voted "undecided" on this poll, but now I'm decided - I don't like the company, and I am not willing to play roulette with my money.

Last edited:

ScottB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Goin' Mobile... eeh ooh, beep beep!
So V4L gave up their exclusive agreement, and the company that makes them (Royal Smokers) started selling them, to universally bad reviews.

Classic innovation Risk vs Reward...

My guess is that if you could get a completely candid & honest answer out of the V4L folks, they'd tell you they regret letting the CE2 go...

Bella Chic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2009
Southeast Texas
I like them, have been using them for about a week. I bought mine from Vapor Junction cause I love buying from them. Any way, I'm still learning. I get the burnt taste here and there and wish that didn't happen, but like I said, I'm still learning. If I thought I could mod I would but I just get so lost. I do like them though and will continue learning and figuring out how to make them perfect for me. :)

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
I like them, have been using them for about a week. I bought mine from Vapor Junction cause I love buying from them. Any way, I'm still learning. I get the burnt taste here and there and wish that didn't happen, but like I said, I'm still learning. If I thought I could mod I would but I just get so lost. I do like them though and will continue learning and figuring out how to make them perfect for me. :)

An easy way of avoiding the burnt taste (dry wicking) is to have two pv's going at the same time. That way you can alternate every couple of drags allowing the wicking to catch up. The trick is to swap over BEFORE you get the burnt taste as once you get it it seems to come back more often. Works for me.

yoyoma_mda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2010
San Diego
An easy way of avoiding the burnt taste (dry wicking) is to have two pv's going at the same time. That way you can alternate every couple of drags allowing the wicking to catch up. The trick is to swap over BEFORE you get the burnt taste as once you get it it seems to come back more often. Works for me.

OR you just throw in some ptb and vape like ur in heaven for several hours lols. That goes for PG OR VG

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
OR you just throw in some ptb and vape like ur in heaven for several hours lols. That goes for PG OR VG

Absolutely, I do that now that I have got real ptb (thanks again Lois) but 'Bella Luce' was saying she wasn't confident in doing mods. The multiple pv's was what I needed to do before getting access to ptb :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread