Polycarbonate Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanweisong

Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Singapore
My first tank mod. All resources came and I just do it as quickly as possible. The tube cutter not really good so a bit of edgy at the corner.

Currently: Do leak test. So far so good. No leaks. Will be testing if it leaks during vaping.

Capacity: ~4ml

IMAG0005.jpg

tanweisong

Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Singapore
If you used the standard thin wall tube, do a good heat treat on it when you finish smothing up the edges.
With glass it is called flame polishing. it will add months of life to the tube.

gummy. do I have to use a blow torch to cure it? can I use stove fire to cure the tube? how long each side?

Gummy Bear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
orlando fl
agummybear.deviantart.com
A pocket torch is great (little butane ones) But I just use a BBQ grill lighter.

Flame polishing is to get it hot enough to fuse the ends that may have gotten some micro cracks from the cutting, they will propagate into large cracks about 3 days after you drop it if you don't do this. Oh yea you will drop it.

Last edited:

tanweisong

Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Singapore
A pocket torch is great (little butane ones) But I just use a BBQ grill lighter.

Flame polishing is to get it hot enough to fuse the ends that may have gotten some micro cracks from the cutting, they will propagate into large cracks about 3 days after you drop it if you don't do this. Oh yea you will drop it.

So a normal flame will do. And yea, will it prevent acidic juice from breaking it?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread