poor battery life

Status
Not open for further replies.

lesleyh

Jun 7, 2011
york england
I just got my new saber touch 5v pv. When I put my newly charged batteries in I only get about 90 mins vaping before I have to recharge the batteries. I emailed sirlawrence the vendor and he said in one short curt sentence that it must be my batteries. I have tried two different sets however and I still get the same poor result. The batteries are ultrafire 1640 800mah. They were the only sort I could find, I got them at the battery junction. Have I bought a bad brand?? or could it be the PV? If they are a bad brand where can I buy better ones?? I really would appreciate any help and advice anyone could give:glare:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
1640? Are you missing a digit?

And what ohms atomizer or atomizer are you using?

800mah should be about 8 hours of moderate vaping at standard resistance, maybe 4 hours of constant vaping at standard resistance. If you are using very low resistance like 1.5 ohms and vaping constantly then maybe that could end up being 2-3 hours.

Last edited:

Alex74

Oct 5, 2011
Athens
You can go with a named brand batterys for better perfomance but i dont think that is going to solve your problem.
When you are running the batterys in more volts you are decreasing more rapidly their run time.
1640 if you are meaning 16340 their were giving me in a mechanical mode 3 or 3 and a half, hours of moderate vaping at 1,8Ω atty, so at 5V, i think 2 hours it's normal time.

momonie

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Winter Springs, Florida
Vapininthecape.com
Get a Joye Ego Kit and tell them Marc Soloff sent you.

I just got my new saber touch 5v pv. When I put my newly charged batteries in I only get about 90 mins vaping before I have to recharge the batteries. I emailed sirlawrence the vendor and he said in one short curt sentence that it must be my batteries. I have tried two different sets however and I still get the same poor result. The batteries are ultrafire 1640 800mah. They were the only sort I could find, I got them at the battery junction. Have I bought a bad brand?? or could it be the PV? If they are a bad brand where can I buy better ones?? I really would appreciate any help and advice anyone could give:glare:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
With my Don on DC I get about 9 hrs with my 3.7 volt 2400 mah 18650 batts. I could run them 12 hrs but that's not good fhe batts. Don't forget you're running at 5 v. My advise would be to upgrade your batts.
100 mah on dual coils at 3.7 = 1/2 hr so at 5 volts it would be a lower use time. I think your time is normal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread