Popcorn Lung

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
My GF saw an article on her facebook feed saying that a connection has been made between vaping and a serious condition called popcorn lung. She reiterated that by vaping I was killing myself just as I was previously with smoking.

Turns out the article is misleading and almost fraudulent. A chemical found in vapor and in other substances has been linked to popcorn lung, namely, diacetyl. The study in question did not establish a link between vaping and popcorn lung.

FACT CHECK: Vaping Causes 'Popcorn Lung'?

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Search bar will expose you to several years of discussions on this very topic. Short answer, if you vape custards AND work in a microwave popcorn factory AND are in charge of pouring the butter in AND are extremely unlucky.....there's a chance it'll get you too.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
My GF saw an article on her facebook feed saying that a connection has been made between vaping and a serious condition called popcorn lung. She reiterated that by vaping I was killing myself just as I was previously with smoking.

Turns out the article is misleading and almost fraudulent. A chemical found in vapor and in other substances has been linked to popcorn lung, namely, diacetyl. The study in question did not establish a link between vaping and popcorn lung.

FACT CHECK: Vaping Causes 'Popcorn Lung'?

You already have your answers, not that you asked a question.
Now the question is: Do you need your current GF? :eek:

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
Search bar will expose you to several years of discussions on this very topic. Short answer, if you vape custards AND work in a microwave popcorn factory AND are in charge of pouring the butter in AND are extremely unlucky.....there's a chance it'll get you too.
I vape custards and creams and butters while microwaving orville redenbachers kettle corn am I at risk?:blink::blink:

• Winner
Reactions: 2 people

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Vaping is still relatively new- so new the Gub'munt hasn't found to tax it yet o_O
Independent Studies, like the one at Duke University, openly state that while vaping is not safe, it is 95% SAFER than smoking tobacco products.
There will be more to come. Some will be factually correct, like the link Classwife provided, others will erroneous in their assumptions. I know for myself, personally, vaping is better than smoking.
But we are still talking about a nicotine delivery system !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread