Popcorn Lung

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobwho77

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Ypsilanti mi
You probably have better odds of being attacked by a polar bear and grizzly bear in the same day than you do of developing popcorn lung TBH.
I keep pre-written replies for some topics in my "Documents" folder just for debunking recurring misinformation.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
the :pop: myth is old news ... now for the tribute to AC/DC

0000826057.jpg

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
That old dog is making its way around FB again, I’ve had people in my feed share it too, so I’ve stepped in and said my piece on it. The part they always fail to mention is that the chemical in question, diacetyl, is also present in cigarettes at levels supposedly 750x higher. We aren’t seeing smokers dropping like flies from popcorn lung, so the chance of it happening to vapers is even lower. If it concerns you avoid liquids that have that ingredient, which isn’t a choice you can make while smoking. For me, I love my custards so I choose to knowingly use flavorings that contain diacetyl. Not even worried.

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
You probably have better odds of being attacked by a polar bear and grizzly bear in the same day than you do of developing popcorn lung TBH.

and also getting beaten up on and thrown into a lake by Big Foot so that the Loch Ness Monster can chew you up....

Peter_C

Who?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
Akron, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Besides, if you were smoking for 30 years and then switched to vaping, do you really think your popcorn lung is from your 5 ml of custard juice vaped for the last 2 years?

This is me right here. 3pad ex-smoker, vaper since vaping GVC (Grant's Vanilla Custard) - gee, guess what's in it? Just saw all this today too~~ Ask me if it changes anything for me??? C'mon, go ahead an ask me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread