portable usb passthrough mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyperfluous

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2011
there are several, there is the tekk mod , there is the boge revolution 2 , there is the janty stick , there is the standard 510 passthrough as well but would look kinda ......ed, the last one I can think of is the passthrough bloog battery. I am sure there are more but either their marketing hasnt come my way or I am forgetting about them.

mj64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2011
State of Confusion

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Does anyone know if there are any mods that are similar to the ego usb passthrough where you can vape it at the pc while charging and then take it with you?

Yes. The eGo Passthru.

Now, what's your real question? What do you want that is DIFFERENT from the eGo PT? vv? 5v? Bigger Battery? What features? I'd suggest a vv mod. Built in charger if you need it to function like a PT for some reason. But IDK what you want.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Thanks the The 5V Tekk Mod looks pretty decent for the price but they say nothing about a warranty.

The Darwin is one of the top PV's on the market. It has a 2 year complete warranty. In fact, those you have had an issue, when contacting the manufacturer (evolve), had a new one "over-nighted" to them the next day before they even had a chance to send back the one they had.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Yes. The eGo Passthru.

Now, what's your real question? What do you want that is DIFFERENT from the eGo PT? vv? 5v? Bigger Battery? What features? I'd suggest a vv mod. Built in charger if you need it to function like a PT for some reason. But IDK what you want.
I just looked at Janty's site and nowhere do they list an eGo passthrough or PT.

A search for 'PT' or 'passthrough' yields zero results.

Total: 0 results found.
Error

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Does anyone know if there are any mods that are similar to the ego usb passthrough where you can vape it at the pc while charging and then take it with you? <Snip>

I just looked at Janty's site and nowhere do they list an eGo passthrough or PT.

A search for 'PT' or 'passthrough' yields zero results.

Yeah, that's what you get for not using Google instead. lol. 100's of thousands of possible results. Common term for em anyway. Here's 2:

http://www.heaven-gifts.com/product-286.html
http://www.cignot.com/product_p/ego-pth-all.htm

Are you saying they are knock-offs? I don't understand your point.

Last edited:

Slickstick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Last edited:

Slickstick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I think SlickStick is looking for a mod that they can add to their website.
They want either a Mnf or a modder so they can get something cheap enough
they can put a decent markup on it without being over priced.

Yes?

actually .. yes and no..

anyone who knows me knows I do not mark up much at all.
Not what I am about.
Just want different things to be available.

VpnDrgn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Gulfport, MS.
I don't mean to imply anything negative.

You are in business to make a profit. It is only common sense to look for a product that meets your
requirements, at a price that you can make a "decent" profit on, while still being comparable to market prices.

I wish you all the luck. The market is pretty saturated right now with mods, and they all fall pretty
much within the 4 basic types of mods. There are a few unique ones that combine 1 or 2 attributes
from the 4 basic types. I have a few ideas that I don't have the tools to fab, but the only thing
unique about them is construction.

For my 2 cents, I would recommend a single batt booster mod like Breaktru's .44 Mini Booster.
A lot of people said they wished he would make them because they wanted one.
The single batt means it would be easy to put in on board charging.
The PT function would still be debatable though.

Something to consider; I think it was Java that pointed out to me that a charger does not have
enough oomph to drive an atty. When the USB Ego is plugged in it is charging until you vape
and then it is drawing from batt. This sounds perfectly reasonable, but it implies that you would
not be able to run your batt down while mobile and then just plug it in and vape.

PT's with inline batts are not too common now, but I believe I read some instructions a while
back that said you had to charge the batt fully before using as a PT.

Anyways, sorry for the ramble, Good Luck :)

Slickstick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
When my ego pt's are completely dead I can plug it right into usb and vape. When I don't vape, it charges. It can also be charged with a wall charger like the regular ego's if you have the wall charging adapter. That's what I'm looking for in a mod, but at 5 volts. I do make small profit but that is definitely not why I got into the business. I am a supplier other suppliers love to hate. I'm trying to bring all these insanely high prices down. I don't have nothing against making a profit, but to straight up rip off customers pisses me off. Just like I piss other suppliers off when I damn near sell a product for cost. I used to carry the indulgence.. but it is not a passthrough.
I finally found someone willing to do business. It was not easy as most suppliers are out for themselves, trying to get rich, and unwilling to negotiate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread