Positive interaction with a cop

Status
Not open for further replies.

djtonyb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2010
Big Pine Key
Went to the local sandwich shop two doors down from my office for lunch on Friday, and just happened to tote my Tesla/Protank along with me. There was a local LEO ahead of me waiting for his lunch order also... he spied my rig and said "Hey, I don't mean to get in your business, but what is THAT?". I explained that it was a "turbocharged" version of the Blu, and I was using it to quit cigs. He replied that that's what he thought it was, but he had never seen anything like mine. I explained a little more about the liquids and the fact that I fill it once a day and don't have to recharge, and that I haven't smoked a regular cig in over 10 months. He seemed genuinely interested and not at all confrontational about something that he didn't recognize.

*waits for gold star on vape Karma report card*

djtonyb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2010
Big Pine Key
Sorry. Gold Star goes to LEO. Always glad to see you pioneers out there making things easy on those of us who came later.

*sigh*... I never get a gold star.

I'm also more of a pioneer than my profile shows... been using e-cigs since 2007, but didn't find ecf until 2010. The absolute crap that was out back then would drive anyone back to smoking cigarettes!!! :laugh:

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
I say you get a gold star for being so friendly to an interested person no matter what clothing they wear to work!

But the LEO doesn't get any special recognition, because being polite, respectful and humane to a law-abiding citizen is half of his job description. No special points for doing his job properly... ;-)

But these are the kind of stories I like to hear. A polite cop who respects your rights and behaves professionally and within the law, and a Vaper who turns a casual encounter into a quality educational moment. Win-Win!!!

Kudos to you!

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Went to the local sandwich shop two doors down from my office for lunch on Friday, and just happened to tote my Tesla/Protank along with me. There was a local LEO ahead of me waiting for his lunch order also... he spied my rig and said "Hey, I don't mean to get in your business, but what is THAT?". I explained that it was a "turbocharged" version of the Blu, and I was using it to quit cigs. He replied that that's what he thought it was, but he had never seen anything like mine. I explained a little more about the liquids and the fact that I fill it once a day and don't have to recharge, and that I haven't smoked a regular cig in over 10 months. He seemed genuinely interested and not at all confrontational about something that he didn't recognize.

*waits for gold star on Vape Karma report card*

As the substitute teacher of Vape Karma, I hereby give you your well deserved Gold Star for the educational lesson to the Officer. ;)

A couple months back, I went to lunch with a few coworkers to a bar. We all sat around a table, and the waitress came by to take our orders. She was pretty chatty, and was ribbing one of the other guys (he's a regular there), then she saw my 18650 VAMO/ProTank on the table and said "Wow, I don't think I've seen one on those things quite that big before..." to which I replied without missing a beat, "Yeah, I get that a lot..."

Newportlocal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2013
Orange County,Calif.
Love the Keys, I just wish there were more vapers around... I've not seen one in the wild yet, but I did set up a guy I work with with a Twist/evod, but he's still smoking too.

Tons of vapors around where I live. You live in kind of a small place, but I love it there too.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Had to do it.
View attachment 231679

A couple months back, I went to lunch with a few coworkers to a bar. We all sat around a table, and the waitress came by to take our orders. She was pretty chatty, and was ribbing one of the other guys (he's a regular there), then she saw my 18650 VAMO/ProTank on the table and said "Wow, I don't think I've seen one on those things quite that big before..." to which I replied without missing a beat, "Yeah, I get that a lot..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread