Post pictures of your high quality clones!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
wO3kHo3.jpg

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
The Stingray X is a Kepler clone, the quality is superb. Unlike the original or most others it has a one piece tube, so less threads/joins and as a result better voltage drop. Yes it did come with a hybrid style cap, but the voltage drop is negligible between that the floating pin. The 510 on the Plume Veil is pretty short, so safety won over aesthetics.
I replaced the fire button with an after-market unit, the throw is now short and strong and almost completely smooth. I tried modding the original button with a custom rice pin and uprated magnets, and it wasn't anywhere as good as this new unit. It cost me £6 :).

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
The Stingray X is a Kepler clone, the quality is superb. Unlike the original or most others it has a one piece tube, so less threads/joins and as a result better voltage drop. Yes it did come with a hybrid style cap, but the voltage drop is negligible between that the floating pin. The 510 on the Plume Veil is pretty short, so safety won over aesthetics.
I replaced the fire button with an after-market unit, the throw is now short and strong and almost completely smooth. I tried modding the original button with a custom rice pin and uprated magnets, and it wasn't anywhere as good as this new unit. It cost me £6 :).
oh, single tube! Thats one of the main reasons that I don't have one; I thought they were all modular. I am in the UK currently. Where did you get it?

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
I think you're in the minority with that opinion. Cool logos are one thing. The commentary is not very tasteful.
Its quickly become my favorite mod for the moment. It feels so nice and hits so hard. I think the commentary would grow on you if you used it for awhile. But most vapers don't use a copper mod (or any other high performance mech) because it looks elegant, although it does. They use it because it performs. It screams 'cloud chaser'. You can recognize it from across the room and know that the guy holding that copper box is probably quite serious about sub-ohm vaping. This is why it is designed the way that it is. Its not for the ProVari type of crowd and not designed to appeal to that market.
I can understand the desire for only images though and no text engravings. That would also be cool too. But these are deep engravings and there are so many of them. It's a lot of time and manufacturing expense to make something that purposely won't appeal to tootle puffers, something even more loud and in-your-face than it already is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread