Powermat Batteries + Charging Pad (idea)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it be possible to use one of these batteries in an ecigarette? If so, we could charge our ecigarettes wirelessly by just setting them down on the charging mat! :)

Powermat.com | Powermat Wireless Charging

I've read about this technology in articles before, but this is the first time I've seen it commercially available.

Last edited:

MrLongbeard

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
England
The batteries in the device remain original, they are just charged through induction via the wee add on contained in the device jacket.

And at $100 for the mat and $40 for the induction loop jacket I can live with having a nasty old 'orrible cable laying around to charge a battery the tradional way, I imagine you can buy more than a few batteries for 140 smackolas

mickgoth

Oct 10, 2009
2 cents to throw in here, its not too difficult to make your own wireless like that.. it probably wont look as pretty unless you have tools and alittle artistic sense..
but you could make a charging case that your batteries are in that just sit over the mat thats on the underside your coffee table or computer desk... ill have to get to work i love this idea :)

roadkilldeluxe

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
MN
It is possible to do yourself, although it would add to the length. Personally i'd be happy with a cap on my 510 that pops off to reveal a charging port (I hate having to always unscrew batteries). I'd rather have a 5" USB cord, pop off the LED, and plug the USB charging cable directly into the ecig. Should be way cheaper and allow you to keep the size down.

edit: It would be awesome if the mouthpiece was actually a USB connector that you could plug right in to the computer to charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread