• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Praise and Thankfulness

Status
Not open for further replies.

wshanncap

Verified Member
Oct 28, 2014
Ohio, USA
I read a devotion by Alistair Begg today on being thankful. It was really motivating. It combines his words with a bit of Charles Spurgeon. This closing verse got my attention: Psalm 103:1 "Bless the Lord, O my soul, And all that is within me, bless His holy name" (NASB). That's the heart and mind I want to have...all the time.:)

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I read a devotion by Alistair Begg today on being thankful. It was really motivating. It combines his words with a bit of Charles Spurgeon. This closing verse got my attention: Psalm 103:1 "Bless the Lord, O my soul, And all that is within me, bless His holy name" (NASB). That's the heart and mind I want to have...all the time.:)

Our church choir used to sing that as a Call to Worship. The interesting thing is that you cannot out bless God. The more you do, the more He does. The unsaved just don't get it. You don't do it so He can bless you, you do it because of who He is! The blessings He gives back are gifts. Cool, huh? :)

P.S. OOPS! I re-read MM's post and what I posted seems redundant. Sorry. :(

Last edited:

wshanncap

Verified Member
Oct 28, 2014
Ohio, USA
Our church choir used to sing that as a Call to Worship. The interesting thing is that you cannot out bless God. The more you do, the more He does. The unsaved just don't get it. You don't do it so He can bless you, you do it because of who He is! The blessings He gives back are gifts. Cool, huh? :)

P.S. OOPS! I re-read MM's post and what I posted seems redundant. Sorry. :(

Not redundant at all. God is good all the time.

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    praise.jpg

Matthew 18 And He called a child to Himself and set him before them, and said, "Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. "Whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.…

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread