• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Praise & Worship Songs that will elevate you to the heights of Heaven!

Status
Not open for further replies.

maureengill

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Trainer PA
www.freedomsmokeusa.com
Angelique...you should definitely check out red...they always sponser a good mosh pit at the show...if you hit the winter jam site you can play the whole new album...it's on the right side. It's a pretty heavy album and actually if you start at the top with Feed the Machine it doesn't get slow for about 5 songs...and then after song 6 there are a few more heavy ones...

They also have a website...The Official RED Music Site - conansplash (click on enter at the top) if you want to hear some of their old stuff.

I love these guys and in concert they are awesome....I don't know if I'd have loved them as much if I had heard the first album before hearing them live.

bassnut

Crumby Jokes
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I'm not a Christian but I like to check in here once in a while to see what ya'll are talking about. I'm a big LisaLisa fan.
Back in...way back.... in '71 I went to see somebody "big" at a concert in Fresno Ca. The opening act was called Glass Harp. An early Christian rock band.
I was so totally blown away by this band that I now forget who they were opening for. I went out the very next day and bought their record and played it to death.
If you don't know who I'm talking about and are even remotely curious, please do the necessary Googles and follow the path to a useful end. You won't be sorry.

There was another band I remember clearly who came to my home town of Visalia CA around the same time to perform a concert, maybe earlier, called Agape. Lotsa index fingers in the air for this band. I have this link bookmarked on my computer because I'm a music history nut.

The All Saved Freak Band

Be sure to check out the sound clips there. The music might sound retro, crude, primitive and raw to your ears but it sounds as fresh as a daisy to my old hippie ears.

Edit: Angelique. Please go back to your previous avatar. It's you.
I borrowed it for a few hours when we had the "switch avatar day" in the Outside Forum.
I guess you never knew. Thanks just the same.
LisaLisa had Surf Monkey's. It was so funny!

Last edited:

maureengill

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Trainer PA
www.freedomsmokeusa.com
Bassnut....it's not bad, but definitely a little on the old school side :)

Thanks for your input...I'm kind of surprised I haven't gotten more responses...

I'm not a Christian but I like to check in here once in a while to see what ya'll are talking about. I'm a big LisaLisa fan.
Back in...way back.... in '71 I went to see somebody "big" at a concert in Fresno Ca. The opening act was called Glass Harp. An early Christian rock band.
I was so totally blown away by this band that I now forget who they were opening for. I went out the very next day and bought their record and played it to death.
If you don't know who I'm talking about and are even remotely curious, please do the necessary Googles and follow the path to a useful end. You won't be sorry.

There was another band I remember clearly who came to my home town of Visalia CA around the same time to perform a concert, maybe earlier, called Agape. Lotsa index fingers in the air for this band. I have this link bookmarked on my computer because I'm a music history nut.

The All Saved Freak Band

Be sure to check out the sound clips there. The music might sound retro, crude, primitive and raw to your ears but it sounds as fresh as a daisy to my old hippie ears.

I borrowed it for a few hours when we had the "switch avatar day" in the Outside Forum.

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009

The All Saved Freak Band

I"m also glad to be able to call you my friend Bassnut. I think you're pretty neat yourself! :)

iluvnewfies

Jan 5, 2011
Cinci
You guys should check out Advocate Seven and Above Only. The are on the harder side of rock. Great loud bass, high energy-givin' the glory to God!

They're on fb, myspace and some pretty funny/cheeky you tube clips. Above Only is also on itunes and opened up for Pillar. AV7 opened for Decycer Down when they were in town.:2cool:

Check'em out. Love to know what you all think of them!

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    If you haven't already, check out Mercy Me. I think they are just awesome. :)

Thanks for the link, I think we may have the same taste in music. I used to listen to only classical or sacred music, sort of like just having something soothing in the background kind of music. I like to have a calm head. But, I'm new to this Youtube thing, and I like it. I like the idea of really opening up and singing praises. Here are some of the songs I've learned to like, if anyone would like. I've come to really enjoy Michael W Smith, Bob Carlisle, and Hillsong.[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7Sn5rV6oM0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uqBxizNZJ4&feature=related[/URL]----.

Bob

closetsmokr

ECF Veteran
    Oct 21, 2010
    Richmond, VA
    If you want to listen to an Irish guy who sings "songs of faith," and other material, you might be interested in Daniel O'Donnell. I'll warn you in advance - he appeals to the "citizens with seniority" for the most part, but he does have quite the repertoire. He's easy on the eyes, and his voice it kinda nice.

Daniel O'Donnell - Irish Singer and Performer

closetsmokr

ECF Veteran
    Oct 21, 2010
    Richmond, VA
    Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread