Pre-vet workshop thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
I see. So it's a copy.... always. Maybe joker has a solution. Form copies to a closed thread somewhere, or pulls it up out of a database, or whatever. IDK. Let's ask......

Oh, j0ker.............

How do we have links to the list in a locked forum?

The question I have for the group is... is that absolutely required, or a "nice to have"? If we publish the list twice a day in the PVT......is that sufficient? I know it's a big thread, but anyone should still be able to run across the list by doing some...even light... monitoring of it if they are interested.

atty - we can't. that's why j0ker opened the other thread for list discussion. had you been there????

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Always good whis.

I assume that ECF already has backup procedures. I'd hope, off site storage and even disaster recovery SITE solutions too (provided by the host).

yes, they do! i might be the only one running around without a backup! :laugh: i tried a cloud storage and was told it would take 69 hrs to upload with my connection, lol

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Tibby ... you're not speaking AttyPops today either! ;)

1) He's not done yet.
2) There may be other solutions
3) I don't care as long as ECF doesn't care (whatever rules and such)
4) But I don't mind asking. Why do you protest so much to my asking? (That's your 2nd post on my same...single...quote).

You mean form discussions? Also, since last I checked I couldn't access the "output" of the form, I don't have much to discuss. The rest I can move there I guess as long we have access now (but we didn't when I posted).

We can finish the discussions there and move/close this thread if you wish.

Last edited:

whiskey

Moved On
Jan 13, 2010
J0ker said to me, he will move this as soon as he is ready, as of this AM he was not ready to do so. I have heard nothing further.
I am out for the night & will check here AND there in the morning.:)

wormy_waving1.gif

Last edited:

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Tibby ... you're not speaking AttyPops today either! ;)

1) He's not done yet.
2) There may be other solutions
3) I don't care as long as ECF doesn't care (whatever rules and such)
4) But I don't mind asking. Why do you protest so much to my asking? (That's your 2nd post on my same...single...quote).

You mean form discussions? Also, since last I checked I couldn't access the "output" of the form, I don't have much to discuss. The rest I can move there I guess as long we have access now (but we didn't when I posted).

We can finish the discussions there and move/close this thread if you wish.

neither could i access it, atty - but it looks as if that will be j0ker's answer to the link problem. and since he's working on a ''form'' page we will, most likely, lose the format of our list ......

no reason to move - the whole thread will go there once everybody has access ;)

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Just a reminder: Still looking for more list editors for the weekly rotation. (HINT: West coast would be nice too ;) )

The list editors kinda help watch over stuff and double check (like Nat does) so I was thinking that "Westies" would help cover time gaps.

Yes, all of us can help point stuff out.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
FYI- this is what was sent:

Please see post 2628 in the workshop thread.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-pre-vet-workshop-thread-263.html#post6498369

FranC
Meggers
CES
Tiburonfirst
Whiskey
Morri
TomCatt
Natalia
Katya
AttyPops

We know that's 10, not "below 10". We're trying to squeak by with more. ;)

So that's ten. It drops Lost, starry, Amanda, Sgt. Pepper, and ASH, FOR NOW. But as soon as we get it going, adding people will be one of our main requests. You could add them now if you wish.

jj2 is already a member of the sub-forum.

Do you need a list of PVT LIST edit-rights people too? Or not, if you use a form?

Ok, I just sent the request to add everyone listed, including the ones you dropped.

Yes, this thread will be moved to the new area once everyone has been added.

Yes, you might want to designate who will be the list editors. As soon as I can, I'll begin working on the form for list additions. So try to come up with a few editors now so I can add them to the form. Atty just send me those members via PM, please. Those who have access now, you may notice me working on the "PVT List" thread. It'll be evolving, so feel free to look but don't touch :)

oops!

who forgot starry!

no worries, girl! we'll add you on ....... only nat has been added so far from the way it looks

We didn't forget you starry. We were initially limited to "under 10" but he submitted the larger list (including the drops) so that you were included in the PM and should be getting access, when granted. Hang in there.

Last edited:

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Yeah, well. I realize that I filled in the user codes for the 1st 10, but used nicnames for the to-be-added-next list. lol.

Like starry, rather than starrynight. Probably giving whomever is adding these a fit! Sorry whomever!

There's another post listing full names in the message about PMs (THIS is why I post like I do. I try to log as I go.)

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
PM sent to the following so they can check access:
FranC; CES; Meggers; Morri; TomCatt; Natalia; Katya; LostVapeMonster; starrynight; AmandaMarie; Sgt. Pepper; *ASH*;
(5 at a time. Stupid PM limitation! Probably prevents spam or something.)

I know these people have posed in the new forum so I didn't send (they can read here):
Tiburonfirst
Whiskey
jj2
j0ker
AttyPops

Yeah, well. I realize that I filled in the user codes for the 1st 10, but used nicnames for the to-be-added-next list. lol.

Like starry, rather than starrynight. Probably giving whomever is adding these a fit! Sorry whomever!

There's another post listing full names in the message about PMs (THIS is why I post like I do. I try to log as I go.)

And here is that post with full usernames if whomever is looking for it (1st quoted above)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread