Prebuilt coil options

Status
Not open for further replies.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Ive used .2ohms up to 70 wats, and .15ohms up to 80wats. So this ones a .6, ill use it at 60wats
I've fould the correlation between ohms and wattage to be over exaggerated. Coil mass plays a much larger role. The more mass, the higher the required wattage to get it to temp.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I've fould the correlation between ohms and wattage to be over exaggerated. Coil mass plays a much larger role. The more mass, the higher the required wattage to get it to temp.
I agree totally. I have found good and simple way to judge how many watts to start with using a new coil type... after you install the coil ( but before wicking) do some lower wattage "dry burns"... pulse it slowly... watch how it glows (should only be orange, not super red hot) and find the wattage that slowly make it glow, then after you wick it, start with that and work your way up until you get the vapor you seek (don't push it, you can always increase the wattage later) Fancy coil take longer to heat up (ramp time) and also to cool down so keep that in mind (have enough airflow and pause between vapes)

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
I agree totally. I have found good and simple way to judge how many watts to start with using a new coil type... after you install the coil ( but before wicking) do some lower wattage "dry burns"... pulse it slowly... watch how it glows (should only be orange, not super red hot) and find the wattage that slowly make it glow, then after you wick it, start with that and work your way up until you get the vapor you seek (don't push it, you can always increase the wattage later) Fancy coil take longer to heat up (ramp time) and also to cool down so keep that in mind (have enough airflow and pause between vapes)
Or, you know, throw a giant radiator in there, and use TC...

• Winner
Reactions: ShowMeTwice

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Or, you know, throw a giant radiator in there, and use TC...
I have avoided TC (only because I like things simple) but it is about time I tried that (an have no issues with TC, just haven't got around to using it) I will do that when I have proper wire (maybe SS would be good to try it out) I only have Kanthal and Nichrome right now. I guess what I'm really saying is I like techno and very curious (and have a new mod that would work great for that)
Hey buddy... my biggest regret is not getting into squonking (I'm sure I would love it)

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
I have avoided TC (only because I like things simple) but it is about time I tried that (an have no issues with TC, just haven't got around to using it) I will do that when I have proper wire (maybe SS would be good to try it out) I only have Kanthal and Nichrome right now. I guess what I'm really saying is I like techno and very curious (and have a new mod that would work great for that)
Hey buddy... my biggest regret is not getting into squonking (I'm sure I would love it)
Yep, I'm considering buying a few MTL RDAs just so I can if I want to... There are a few cheaper squonkers out there for ya, if ya felt like it... And i have only used steel, I feel I get less metal flavor of it than NiCr or Kanthal. Course, I'm a flavor snob, why I think I should pick up a wasp nano, berserker or galaxies... Just not sure which...

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I chain vape though. For juice I use 3mg.
IDK if that's an issue for you or not. You could always try increasing your nicotine.

I still want to get an RDA though. Single or dual coil. Just not sure which is good these days. Ive reviews for older ones but nothing to current. If I can find an RDA with squonk capability Ill grab a squonk mod too.
Have a look at the Atmizoo Creek RDA. I have a couple. Great flavor. MTL, RDL to DL, excellent vape. It comes with many spares. They ship squonk ready (also include the blind pin). It's my favorite RDA.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
  • Winner
Reactions: HigherStateD

Esti

Aug 15, 2020
IDK if that's an issue for you or not. You could always try increasing your nicotine.

Have a look at the Atmizoo Creek RDA. I have a couple. Great flavor. MTL, RDL to DL, excellent vape. It comes with many spares. They ship squonk ready (also include the blind pin). It's my favorite RDA.

The outside looks nice. They dont show the build deck though. Is it a single or dual? Hows the airflow porting? Wicking wells, is it a pain or straightforward?

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
You know a good squonk mod too?
Yep. Psyclone Mods SqEvo DNA60 squonker. They're excellent. The SqEvo and Creek RDA are within your $300 budget.
IMG_0070cr1.jpg

• Love
Reactions: HigherStateD

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
The outside looks nice. They dont show the build deck though. Is it a single or dual? Hows the airflow porting? Wicking wells, is it a pain or straightforward?
Single coil (round wire to exotic). The AF is from under the coil. The pics I posted should answer that better. Atmizoo has an article on their web site better explaining the airflow. Wicking is a breeze, very easy.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread