Premature Atomizer Failure....

What was in use when you suffered most of your premature atty failure...

• VG base using mini atty on standard battery (less than 5v.)

• VG base using mini atty on passthrough (5v.)

• VG base using mini atty on a mod (5+ volts)

• VG base using pen style atty on standard battery (less then 5v.)

• VG base using pen style atty on passthrough (5v.)

• VG base using pen style atty on mod (5+ volts)

• PG base using mini atty on standard battery (less than 5v.)

• PG base using mini atty on passthrough (5v.)

• PG base using mini atty on mod (5+ volts)

• PG base using pen style atty on standard battery (less than 5v.)

• PG base using pen style atty on passthrough (5v.)

• PG base using pen style atty on mod (5+ volts)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporize me

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Chester, PA USA
Hey Pete, I noticed that you tried to keep this thing going.

If enough people vote, maybe, we could get some answers...to what, still trying to figure that one out, lol. Actually if the majority of the failed attys were overwhelmingly coincidentally due to the type of juice and power source/voltage, it might actually mean something. A further investigation might net some real answers...Hey, at least its a start..certainly couldn't hurt.

But it only hinges on the numbers of people voting..hint, hint.

How about starting another thread in the General forum with a link to this thread (something along the lines of 'for those of you who don't normally visit the 'Experiments' forum, can you just pop over and complete this poll so that we can gather some info about..... etc') ? :confused:

Nice thought :)

I think Vaporize me has done so already, and i've linked from some other polls too.

:thumb:

Yeah, I did post on the general section to try to get more people to participate. I checked this morning to try to bump it up but it had already been locked. Hey, at least it is a sticky now and I hope more people get a chance to view it.

Locked?!

I had another idea for a poll - of people with long lasting atomises (2 months +): what juice used (PG/VG and what flavor).

I think I will consider to set up something on another site; that would seem best ;)

vaporize me

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Chester, PA USA
Thanks Sun,

It wasn't this thread that I was talking about that was locked. It was a thread in the general area trying to promote this thread. I don't know if moving this thread back to the general area and not stickied if it wouldn't just get lost eventually. Maybe it is better to keep it here as a sticky for a bit to see what happens. The responses have not been overwhelming here in this area.

Safira

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Plainfield,IL
I think this is a better idea. I can only speak for myself, I didn't vote because I've only had one atomizer death so far. I rotate 2 and one died after 1 month of use. (2 weeks of really using it) The other one I rotated with it is doing just fine. I mix my own pg base and flavor is pg base but add a little VG to it. Was it just a bad att'y? A flavoring with with coloring? or the pg or vg, the world may never know.

I think polling people who have long life att'ys may give you more responses. just my 2 cents.

Locked?!

I had another idea for a poll - of people with long lasting atomises (2 months +): what juice used (PG/VG and what flavor).

I think I will consider to set up something on another site; that would seem best ;)

vaporize me

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Chester, PA USA
Just posted a poll in the "general" section for people with long lasting attys.

I'm guessing that the average life of an atty is about a month, so anything past that would be "long lasting", especially for me.

Hope it gets better responses and not lost like this poll had. I also noticed that this poll has lost its "sticky" status.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
This poll is interesting in that I expected the highest number of failures to be from using 5v+ devices. There is a learning curve to high-voltage vaping. What I am seeing in this poll may be that some atomizers just die. Why? There are so many reasons. This is curious since high-voltage can certainly fry an atty very easily till you figure out how to do it well, but folks using conventional power sources are seeing more failures. I am still uncertain what conclusion could be deducted from the poll, thus far.

You can't read raw numbers, on the surface it looks like there are "more" failures with 3.7 then 5/6 volt, but remember, you need to read it as a percentage of users using that particular combo. Those using 3.7 volt vs. 5/6 volt is probably in the range of 90 percent to 10 percent , maybe even higher.

So, purely for example-

10 failures out of a 100 users on 3.7 volts you have a ten percent failure
vs.
2 failures out 10 users of 5/6 volt devices you have a 20 percent failure rate.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread