pretty sure vaping is causing some pretty serious sinus infections and esophagus issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

5vz

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
in here somewhere USA
As of today my left lymph nodes are still really swollen and the antibiotics seem to not have an effect on ANything yet either are the steroid. Been taking thE pills for 3 days. Today I'm experiencing pain in my right lung area. It's nothing serious but I get a heavy feeling associated with the late pain in my right side of my chest. I have not vaped for the last 13 hours. Really hope this clears up by next week. I am going to Canada to visit my family and don't feel like being sick while I am there.Kepl you all posted. Not going to vape for the next ten days like I said.

Antibiotics don't work immediately, that is why they give you so many. It takes time for any noticeable effects, also suggests you have caught a bug of some sort. Don't stop taking the antibiotics when you start to feel a little better, you have to take them all to work properly and to kill the bacteria/virus. Hope you feel better for your trip

cigarbabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Residing in Henniker, NH
vaperstv
I will say that esophageal bleeding CAN cause blood in the stools-my brother had that problem (but he is in no way a smoker, never has been). The docs have been trying to figure him out for over a year now, but at this point in time he gets banded (apparently, and I may have my terminology wrong here, but he has basically varicose type veins in his throat that are losing blood, so they "band" them to stop the bleeding) He has some other medical issues going on too, but losing blood is his biggest one.That said, if you are losing blood you need to make your doc aware so you can be checked in case it is not just your throat. Good luck and hope you get better soon!

The only cases I know of first hand where you can get enough blood to pass through would be in cases of "Barrett's Syndrome" or other perhaps other undiagnosed conditions. Barrett's can originate from having acid reflux but not in all cases. Epstein-Barr is another disease with similar symptoms. The best way is to contact a reputable doctor period!
Which is not to say there aren't more conditions that can cause bloody stools. He said his doctor told him his lungs were clear so that is what I'm basing my observation on. I am not trying to scare the OP or anyone else simply stating what I am familiar with. I still think it would be smart to have a gastroenterologist take a look. I'm not doubting your brother's diagnosis just stating what I know first hand.The best way to find out what is going on is to contact a reputable doctor period!

I think that when fairly new vapers get ill they tend to blame it on vaping first instead of having the "appropriate tests" to determine what exactly may be going on.
Allergies are best detected by your doctor with the help of an allergist. :blush:
Hope you feel better soon!
C.B.

You may want to try snus with will stave off the nic cravings at least.

Last edited:

Ridgerunner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
WI
I hope you get better. Black stools is from bleeding at the duodenum and above due to digestive enzymes getting ahold of the blood. You are pretty young to have Barretts esophagus and I would follow what has been recommended earlier in trying pure vg and see what happens then pure pg and see what happens and if you are OK with these then it has to be the flavorings.

Bawn

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
boynton beach, FL
i feel better tonight. still have the throat irritation and swollen glands but my stool is back to normal which is a relief. i couldnt hold out on not vaping so i am just using my ry4 which is 85/15vg. doesnt seem to irritate anything yet although i am not vaping that much, just to get a little nic into my sytem.

and yes i really am sick...

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
It might very well be a coincidence. A few days after I started vaping, I began to have a really bad stomach ache. My husband swore it had to do with vaping. As the day went on, pain got worse, I ended up in the ER. Hubs took my ecig, and a bottle of juice with us. When he asked the doc about it, doc just kinda grinned and told him no, it wasn't that. After many tests, and a few hours later, I was in the OR having an emergency appendectomy. Seems when we began to vape, and get sick, the first thing we think is it's the liquid/ecig. Not always true.

Again, I hope you feel better real soon. And if vaping hurts your throat, do not vape. :)

Been there, done that, but it was before I started vaping. I walked around for 4 days (working) with a dull ache in my abdomen on the right side. When I started having dry heaves, I knew something was wrong. I went to the ER and they diagnosed it, sent me for a cat scan, pumped some pain killers, and later took me up for a Laparoscopic appendectomy. I was home 30 hours after I reached the ER!

It's good you went to see the doctor. I'd ask him if he thinks the ecig is the culprit. Most doctors now are savvy to ecigs and actually promote them for patients who need to quit cigarettes. My doctor is pretty stuffy about things. I took mine in and showed it to him and gave him some links and printed articles. He let me demonstrate it in his examining room. A couple of weeks later, he had pamphlets in the waiting room that talked about ecigs as a good alternative to tobacco!

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
First off you esophagus is part of your GI Tract. Unless your drinking you e liquid, vaping wouldn't cause bleeding there. I'm a medical professional and I can also tell you infections come from paragons(germs) of some kind. Although I have not heard of any studies that have been done on vaping, I think that if you had a compromised immune system you'd be more likely to get a respiratory infection. If you think you may have some sort of allergy to pg which to vg juices. With all the issues you are having I suggest like you said, finish the antibiotics and followup with the doctor. You should also let him know you are vaping.
i have been having some pretty bad side effects from vaping. constant sinus issues (blood and all). and a very itchy scratchy infected throat and esophagus. went to doctor said it was a sinus infection and my lymphnodes are swollen. didnt tell him about vaping, figured he wouldnt know if it was causing it or he would automatically say thats whats causing it. i have been taking antibiotics and a steriod to reduce inflamation. i am pretty sure its vaping causing this. if i dont vape i dont get the issue in my esophaguss but if i do half hour in i feel my esophagus getting inflamed and itchy. it also looks like i am bleeding from my esophagus because my stool is pretty black which indicates internal bleeding somewhere in the esophagus or a ulcer and i dont have a ulcer. so i vaped a little today and instantly my esophagus started to hurt. looks like i am going to have to put a halt on vaping for awhile until i am cleared up. could be a coinsedence that i got sick the same time i started vaping or its vaping causing it. going to wait until its all gone and try to vape again and see if this issue returns. if it does its going to mean quiting cold turkey. will keep you all informed.

Bawn

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
boynton beach, FL
well i for sure figured out the issue now. i thought it was vaping in total that was causing my issues, so i stopped. then once i got better i went back to it and was using my RY4 80/20vg and everything was great for 4 days. that night i decided to try my CCV werthers 70vg/30pg (this is what i was vaping when i got sick the first time) and almost immediately my symptoms flew back. i stopped immediately and figure i was going to get sick again. woke up the next morning, and sure enough my throat was sore had a cough all over again. so i didnt vape at all that day. woke up yesterday and felt better, so i went back to my RY4 yesterday and today i feel fine no issues whats so ever. so in conclusion, i have narrowed down the issue to either the flavoring that CCV uses, or itst he 70%vg causing my issues. needless to say i have tossed the CCV juice and the cartos it was in into the garbage. dont feel like getting sick again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread