Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'm looking into if our humidifier is A) working and B) not over working but that's kind of a hard thing to figure out. I'm going to get a humidistat. It's only set at 40% but who knows what it's doing.

It used to be less but I'm currently going through about 10 ml a day of max VG liquid so yes that's a contributor I think. My Dad has none of these issues vaping 50/50 in a much more humid climate.

Yeah... Something is going on because that Filter seems Above and Beyond normal.

I also use High VG. About 5ml/day lately. And I sit at a Desk for hours where there is a 25" Widescreen in front of me. And Two 21" 5:4 screens on either side. So I tend to blow Vapor mainly on the center screen or the screen on the Left (that computer is to access the Internet).

I might Clean the screens Once a Year. And there is a Very thin layer of Grime on them. Not even sticky to the touch. Just a light haze.

But then again... I Don't Live where you get much Humidity. Which I Imagine severely helps.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That's the part that trips me up though, I'm in Denver! We're dry as a bone. Thus why my suspicions turned to this unknown humidifier.

That might be the Culprit. Can you Not run the Humidifier for a Weeks and see if that makes things Better?

Or does that Defeat the purpose of having a Humidifier?

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I can definitely say that humidity makes it worse without a doubt. I only vape in one room of my home and the windows are fogged permanently until I clean them and the walls are slimy wet. Same with plastic blinds. The slimy walls tend to dry up but always feel oily until cleaned.

The wet slime feel/look on walls and blinds get worse the more humid the air is. Windows are always fogged.

I really hate it, but not enough to quit vaping or to go outside.

Last edited:

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    That might be the Culprit. Can you Not run the Humidifier for a Weeks and see if that makes things Better?

Or does that Defeat the purpose of having a Humidifier?

Been hesitant to turn it off as it's not my house and I'm lucky enough that he allows me to vape in it. I'll figure out what's going on when I get a humidistat. It doesn't really coat most surfaces so long as the air purifier's filters aren't saturated. I'm just worried about my PC really. Think my best bet is to change the HEPA filters more often in my large unit and get a small one to blow it at until I get a humidity reading.

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Been hesitant to turn it off as it's not my house and I'm lucky enough that he allows me to vape in it. ...

You know Best on your Situation.

My Thinking was that if high humidity Exasperates the effect of Indoor Vaping with High VG, then whatever you can do to Lower the Humidity would Help.

No way to use a Widow Fan like this to get some Fresh Air into your room?

upload_2021-3-28_22-22-43.jpeg

Or to Push some of the Vapor out?

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Thought of that but I have two problems. When I open my window for whatever reason the air is dying to get in. Also they're horizontal sliders and those fans never fit right in those window types.

Had a thought though... and sure enough they exist. Combo units. This may be my next air purifier. Actually at some of these sizes I can put it on the small cheap hutch I have next to my desk and just blow vape right at it. At the very least it's built to have some moisture in it unlike my main HEPA unit.

Amazon.com : Dehumidifier and Air Purifier Combo

*edit* New filters are working great by the way. Feel a breeze in my room and can watch the vape being sucked in again when I blow it at it. When they're toast some of it kind of hangs there.

Last edited:

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    I feel like the paint on the walls somehow absorbs the vape gunk and after a while it's not that oily :p

my house is made from concrete and bricks sooo don't know after many years how it would be affected I guess the paint will absorb it and maybe after maaaaaany years turn yellowish like a vape juice???? Lol....

on the glass windows or other surfaces I can see the vape gunk form and it's like the humidity sticks on it also and turns into a gunky watery mess...it's ok tho I clean the glass surfaces regularly cause it gets a lot even tho I use a humidifier and it's all good...it's easy to clean...

There is a loooot of humidity where I live and I saw mold getting created on some corners since I started vaping but the humidifier stopped that happening.....so yeah the vape gunk increases the mold that can be created in room corners mostly from my experience...

It's also other factors like that now I don't open windowns in winter and I vape around the house while with cigs I was smoking only in kitchen and with open window even in winter lol

Anyways u don't need a fancy humidifier that may increase your electricity bill...u can use a very cheapo that is actually just a fan with a filter attached to it and it's very low wattage and it will hold the vape gunk on the filter...
    In summer I have no problems just opening windows even a little to create an airflow in house and blow clouds like a boss :headbang::headbang:

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    I feel like the paint on the walls somehow absorbs the vape gunk and after a while it's not that oily :p

my house is made from concrete and bricks sooo don't know after many years how it would be affected I guess the paint will absorb it and maybe after maaaaaany years turn yellowish like a vape juice???? Lol....

on the glass windows or other surfaces I can see the vape gunk form and it's like the humidity sticks on it also and turns into a gunky watery mess...it's ok tho I clean the glass surfaces regularly cause it gets a lot even tho I use a humidifier and it's all good...it's easy to clean...

There is a loooot of humidity where I live and I saw mold getting created on some corners since I started vaping but the humidifier stopped that happening.....so yeah the vape gunk increases the mold that can be created in room corners mostly from my experience...

It's also other factors like that now I don't open windowns in winter and I vape around the house while with cigs I was smoking only in kitchen and with open window even in winter lol

Anyways u don't need a fancy humidifier that may increase your electricity bill...u can use a very cheapo that is actually just a fan with a filter attached to it and it's very low wattage and it will hold the vape gunk on the filter...
    In summer I have no problems just opening windows even a little to create an airflow in house and blow clouds like a boss :headbang::headbang:

Hi Sup, enjoying your feedback. An interesting theory but I'd be skeptical that anything can propagate trapped in glycerin. Mold needs moisture and air to flourish. Very high humidity in my S FL beach facility since the install of new "green" HVAC tech. Well upwards indoor unit hum of 75% at times. If anything cloudy vape seems a deterrent. But VG does settle on anything and everything trapping dust and al else it encounters. A blessing and a curse.

My assortment of Euro wood furniture seems to like it though. Glass not so much. Work station and peripherals get vacuum and alcohol wiped (very effective) inside and out (especially fans) every month or so to hold back accumulation and keep their op temps at a healthy level. Silk trees, flowers and other greenery which form my peaceful oasis are a real challenge but I can't live without them. So they get the careful attention they require.

Enjoy the vape.

Good luck. :)

• Winner
    Reactions: Superuser187

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    Electrostatics are amazing at gathering dust. And I would think whatever it was sticking to as well.

I notice two things that marvelously sweep up dust suspended in glycerin — my overhead fans and the cooling fans in my systems (entry and exit grates). They work so well, I sometimes wonder if it's doing more harm cleaning them than clearing them.

Good luck all. :)

Reactions: Haktuspit

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO

So after buying a combination air purifier/dehumidifier that also didn't suck in vapor I went back and got what mark suggested, as I should have done first. If you blow a cloud at it it doesn't inhale the whole cloud like I was after however the cloud does kind of hang around the unit and get sucked in.

Seeing less residue on the outside of my PC case I think. My room doesn't appear to be as foggy as it was either. I exhale directly at it.

Can't wait to clean it though. It's going to be filled with 6mg DIY Cinnamon Danish Swirl.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 9, 2010
    Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
    That purifier uses 3 decent filters. A 3 pack replacement set of the filters runs $10 at Lowes or Amazon, which isn't bad. The one in our bedroom is used every night, helps with allergies.

I really like my homemade version, though need to come up with a quieter fan. It's a simple square tabletop fan sitting on a little wooden frame, with an air conditioner carbon prefilter wrapped around it (held in place with Velcro. It moves the air well, definitely filters, but the particular fan I use is a bit noisier than I want.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread