Printed Mechanical Bottom Feeder Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhaiken

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I, too have a Nuppin coming in the next day or so. I just don't have enough mods for all of my attys. I figure now, between 8 and 10 of these Pekos might give a home to enough of my attys that I'll at least be able to use all of my favorites. Just can't afford to buy that many at once.

If I didn't have a couple of dozen mods already, I'd have 8-10 Pekos & a couple of Provari P3's.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Yeah Spydro! Can't wait to hear how much you love your new Pekos.

-Mark

Thanks Mark... will stay in touch and LYK how its going.
None of the "close" local stores have the Krylon 1311, so thought about using a new can of VHT Flame Proof very high temp satin clear I have. Said the hey with it and ordered the Krylon on-line, and the Loctite while I was at it. They'll be here on the 6th, so it'll be a few more days before I dive in. That's a good thing, have a lot around here this old body needs to get done right now anyway. Spy

RGLP4Lyfe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
PA
Thanks Mark... will stay in touch and LYK how its going.
None of the "close" local stores have the Krylon 1311, so thought about using a new can of VHT Flame Proof very high temp satin clear I have. Said the hey with it and ordered the Krylon on-line, and the Loctite while I was at it. They'll be here on the 6th, so it'll be a few more days before I dive in. That's a good thing, have a lot around here this old body needs to get done right now anyway. Spy
That flame proof clear would work fine! Any.good clear coat will work everybody just uses krylon 1311 because it's good stuff and available at walmart. But any clear.coat will seal it up. I'm anxious for you to get it started!

-Mark

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
That flame proof clear would work fine! Any.good clear coat will work everybody just uses krylon 1311 because it's good stuff and available at walmart. But any clear.coat will seal it up. I'm anxious for you to get it started!

-Mark

All clear coats are not created equal... I ran out of 1311 and the hdwe store was also out so I picked up a can of Rustoleum matte. Big mistake... It has a more rubbery feel, slight odor, and the matte is more equivalent to a satin as it has a sheen to it. One of these days I will sand the 26650 and redo it...

RGLP4Lyfe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
PA
All clear coats are not created equal... I ran out of 1311 and the hdwe store was also out so I picked up a can of Rustoleum matte. Big mistake... It has a more rubbery feel, slight odor, and the matte is more equivalent to a satin as it has a sheen to it. One of these days I will sand the 26650 and redo it...
Yeah I didn't mean ANY clear coat, i said any "good" clear coat. I know there are some cheap stuff out there, for instance, if the can is a $1. Its probably junk.

I was just saying krylon 1311 isn't the only option out there. I got a can of gloss clear coat by rustoleum and it's great. Its rustoleum 2x ultra gloss, for plastic. Worked great, just as good as the krylon on my other Pekos and no rubbery feel.

-Mark

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Yeah I didn't mean ANY clear coat, i said any "good" clear coat. I know there are some cheap stuff out there, for instance, if the can is a $1. Its probably junk.

I was just saying krylon 1311 isn't the only option out there. I got a can of gloss clear coat by rustoleum and it's great. Its rustoleum 2x ultra gloss, for plastic. Worked great, just as good as the krylon on my other Pekos and no rubbery feel.

-Mark

Thats the same as the garbage one I bought except it was matte. Its been almost 2 weeks now and my 26650 still has an odor...

RGLP4Lyfe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
PA
Thats the same as the garbage one I bought except it was matte. Its been almost 2 weeks now and my 26650 still has an odor...
Oh damn maybe it's something in the matte? That's weird bro, cause I cleared my 3rd Peko with it about 3 weeks ago and it only had a fresh paint odor for about 3 days.. it's fine now, i just smelled it. Ha

-Mark

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
The VHT is for engine header/exhaust systems... bought it to clear coat all my "vein" Reos (4). I'd rather wait for what "most" have used on their Peko builds. Also probably a better base for the white one anyway if I paint it as I have noted/bookmarked all the paints for plastics that Krylon offers. Also bookmarked some hydrographic film products just for S&G even though I doubt I'd try dipping one myself.

RGLP4Lyfe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
PA
The VHT is for engine header/exhaust systems... bought it to clear coat all my "vein" Reos (4). I'd rather wait for what "most" have used on their Peko builds. Also probably a better base for the white one anyway if I paint it as I have noted/bookmarked all the paints for plastics that Krylon offers. Also bookmarked some hydrographic film products just for S&G even though I doubt I'd try dipping one myself.
Yeah I guess your best bet is to go with kyrlon1311, esp since you already have it on order. And hmm, I forgot about hydro dipping, maybe I'll look into that! Is it rather easy? Is it expensive?

-Mark

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Yeah I guess your best bet is to go with kyrlon1311, esp since you already have it on order. And hmm, I forgot about hydro dipping, maybe I'll look into that! Is it rather easy? Is it expensive?

-Mark

No idea on cost, have not got that far yet. But there are lots of possibilities with hydro dipping. Here's just one start to finish vid.

And another that has a 7 or 8 part tutorial...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIT0vLHMsO0

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
No idea on cost, have not got that far yet. But there are lots of possibilities with hydro dipping. Here's just one start to finish vid.

I seem to remember someone hydro dipped a grand about a year ago. Seemed to recall it wasn't cheap though, but looked way bad azz...

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
I seem to remember someone hydro dipped a grand about a year ago. Seemed to recall it wasn't cheap though, but looked way bad azz...

Is this the one?

IMG_0290.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread