• Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

RGLP4Lyfe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
PA
Is it the part with a large whole for the 510? If so I have a few spares of that one. PM your addy and i will drop one in the mail.
Also another part that would work and replace the lug, is a ring connecter. I got a pack of 13 from Wal-Mart. There's no hole for the nut, but you could easily make one. The 3/8 hole fits snug over the 510. I use the wire strand mod for my buttons so these work really good for me. I crimp the wire in and then solder also. Just a thought..

-Mark

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
Also another part that would work and replace the lug, is a ring connecter. I got a pack of 13 from Wal-Mart. There's no hole for the nut, but you could easily make one. The 3/8 hole fits snug over the 510. I use the wire strand mod for my buttons so these work really good for me. I crimp the wire in and then solder also. Just a thought..

-Mark

I was going to do that wire mod on my second Peko, but I can't find my soldering iron!! :mad: If I find it, or break down and buy another, I'll take it apart and do it. Although, I have no complaints about how my V1.1 and my new one are working, but I'd like a smoother button function.

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
I was going to do that wire mod on my second Peko, but I can't find my soldering iron!! :mad: If I find it, or break down and buy another, I'll take it apart and do it. Although, I have no complaints about how my V1.1 and my new one are working, but I'd like a smoother button function.

Grease the button! :D

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
One question I have for you all. I have 3 Reos and 2 Pekos, soon to be 3. My Reos, including 1 that has the new 510 in it just doesn't seem to be hitting very hard. I can take the same atty off of a Reo and put it on a Peko, and the difference is astonishing! It doesn't matter which atty I am using, but the hit is far harder on a Peko than the Reo. Why is that? They are both mechanical, but my Pekos are performing 100% all the time. Never a misfire, never a light hit. I'd like to know what is the matter with the Reos that I can't experience the same.

Roscoe01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
North Dakota
One question I have for you all. I have 3 Reos and 2 Pekos, soon to be 3. My Reos, including 1 that has the new 510 in it just doesn't seem to be hitting very hard. I can take the same atty off of a Reo and put it on a Peko, and the difference is astonishing! It doesn't matter which atty I am using, but the hit is far harder on a Peko than the Reo. Why is that? They are both mechanical, but my Pekos are performing 100% all the time. Never a misfire, never a light hit. I'd like to know what is the matter with the Reos that I can't experience the same.
Your battery tops are probably oxidized. mine have gotten that way as well. Too much arcing and too little maintenance on my part. Tops of my sonys look like a bombing range[emoji1] my Peko doesn't seem to care but my reo gets all pissy about it.

ETA: I do run my Pekos positive end down so that's part of it. My negative ends of my batteries are in better shape for sure.

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
Your battery tops are probably oxidized. mine have gotten that way as well. Too much arcing and too little maintenance on my part. Tops of my sonys look like a bombing range[emoji1] my Peko doesn't seem to care but my reo gets all pissy about it.

ETA: I do run my Pekos positive end down so that's part of it. My negative ends of my batteries are in better shape for sure.

This is what I use to clean my contacts and batteries. I use this periodically to keep everything clean and conductive.

http://www.amazon.com/Booster-Elect...ie=UTF8&qid=1427456667&sr=8-2&keywords=deoxit

FYI credit to Drunk_J for turning me on to this.

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX

I thought that might be it, too, but I put in brand new 25R batteries and it's the same. The one Reo has the new 510, new firing pin, and I have the 510 adjusted to make good connection with the atty, but just can't make it hit solid. Strange. I've tried both button top and flat tops in my Reos. Yeah, a bunch of my batteries look like a war zone, too, but I'm trying noalox every time I put a battery in and that stops the arcing With the Pekos, it doesn't seem to matter as we run them pos side down.

Roscoe01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
North Dakota
I thought that might be it, too, but I put in brand new 25R batteries and it's the same. The one Reo has the new 510, new firing pin, and I have the 510 adjusted to make good connection with the atty, but just can't make it hit solid. Strange. I've tried both button top and flat tops in my Reos. Yeah, a bunch of my batteries look like a war zone, too, but I'm trying noalox every time I put a battery in and that stops the arcing With the Pekos, it doesn't seem to matter as we run them pos side down.
I have had tiny chunks of metal from the top of the battery weld itself to my reo firing pin. Then I get crappy performance. Take battery out and press button and feel firing pin for something sharp. Lot of times you can pop em off with a fingernail.

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC

Make sure you pin screw is tight on the firing pin connection and bottom spring screw is tight. I've read about these things happening but luckily it's never happened to me.

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread