Status
Not open for further replies.

RGLP4Lyfe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
PA
So, I ordered my fourth Peko print yesterday, of course from Sculpteo.. and I chose economy deal and saved a lot. For a regular unpolished white print I got it for $45 shipped!! I was so happy about that and I was prepared to wait a month or two because they say economy deal they take their time. Well I must of got lucky because I ordered yesterday and it's already printing!! I know once it's printed it gets put out pretty fast. My last 3 prints shipped a day or two after printing. Pretty excited about my 4th "God of a mod"

-Mark

Moxienator

Super Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Central Mass
Interesting.....I need to take a closer look at this.

If you made a shelf on the battery side that had a slot in it, you could solder a small connector ( the small one from the switch if you do the wire mod) to the positive of the kick, connecting it in the same way as the battery connector to the threaded rod. You then solder the two negative pins together woith a length of wire and connect it to the switch screw. then you solder the original battery connector onto the bottom of the kick. the battery connector rests in the new shelf's slot so that the battery can still be put in the same way (albeit an 18500) and the kick is stable because it is mechanically connected to the threaded rod. viola. or something like that......

Distroshack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2013
Preston, UK
OK this is a huge thread and I'm liking the look of the peko mech mod. Please save me from reading every post here. Can someone just confirm that I need to buy the printed parts plus a hardware kit? Anything else I need? Do I need to solder anything at all? And last but not least where can I buy the metal ring. Thanks for your patience :)

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
a156cf2e643d98a214cd8e6a10b9fbde.jpg

Peko #2 done!

Merlin21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Just got my polished 18650 in the mail! So freaking excited. Pictures to come once I have a chance to lay it all out.

Begs to question though, to cerekote or just paint immediately.

I am having my GDNA shell Cerakoted (getting it back tomorrow!) I wanted something that was done by a professional but... I had a Peko to hold me over so I wasn't in a rush. if you don't have a squonker do it dirty and enjoy right away. My Peko, I Rit dyed it and had it up and running in no time. After using it as my first bottom feeder, I haven't looked back! Enjoy whatever you decide to do.

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
OK this is a huge thread and I'm liking the look of the peko mech mod. Please save me from reading every post here. Can someone just confirm that I need to buy the printed parts plus a hardware kit? Anything else I need? Do I need to solder anything at all? And last but not least where can I buy the metal ring. Thanks for your patience :)

Yes just print & parts kit. Make sure you order the "All parts- both buttons" print. You don't have to solder anything if you don't want to, but you can. No idea about metal rings, but if you order white & sand it real smooth, you can buy metallic paint and it looks pretty... metallic.

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Distroshack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2013
Preston, UK
Yes just print & parts kit. Make sure you order the "All parts- both buttons" print. You don't have to solder anything if you don't want to, but you can. No idea about metal rings, but if you order white & sand it real smooth, you can buy metallic paint and it looks pretty... metallic.

Many thanks, all ordered. Mind you, lots in postage from the UK.

I've ordered the grey polished finish. Does this need to be sealed before use?

Last edited:

RGLP4Lyfe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
PA
Many thanks, all ordered. Mind you, lots in postage from the UK.

I've ordered the grey polished finish. Does this need to be sealed before use?
Yes even though it's grey and polished it still needs sealed. The nylon is very porous. And mind you the color options are only skin deep. So don't sand any of down. To prep before clear coat just wash in a sink with dish soap and let dry. Then seal. Everyone's best sealing option is Krylon matte 1311. That stuffs awesome. If you want a shiny glossy look just get a gloss clearcoat.

Good luck and beware, Peko building becomes an ADDICTION.
G needs to open up a rehabilitation center. I've got 3 I'm vaping and a 4th Peko coming soon!

Their the real "God of Mods"

-Mark

SeanMoore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2013
United States
Can confirm Krylon 1311 is a great finish for these, it seems to "soak in" yet I can tell it's definitely sealed. Time will tell how the durability is but knowing how I am I'll scratch through the dye anyway, that's why I got black. I figure I can just use a sharpie on it and hit it with more 1311.

SeanMoore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2013
United States
Cheers all. Seems difficult to find in the UK though. I'll do some searching

The mod comes with two "keychains" of sorts holding it together that are scrap. You can try what you do find on those. I haven't completed one yet (missing solder lug) but from watching that 1311 soak in and dry you're going to want something that doesn't sit on the surface much because these parts have a close tolerance.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I got my new buttons and ring for the 26650 painted, sealed, and installed now. I do think this will be the only 26650 I will own though. It just isn't the same as the 18650 at all. I have found it to be a little more finicky than the 18650 version. I will run it a few more days and then post my findings...
a82d9edb9d7c6fe19ab066dec7c7e213.jpg

de667b98c1aad9771e7d2ecf326f7375.jpg

Tagi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Dallas Texas
I got some modding to do. I now need to figure out how to bottome feed a Marguis and Veritas. The darringer was easy, trickiest part was the pin removal. I put a modest .4 26 gauge dual coil build in the darringer and I have hearts in my eyes. Awsome mod i couldent have picked a better one for my first squonker.

uploadfromtaptalk1427506935648.jpg

Darringer is just tall enought to keep you from kissing your thumb and keep it compact.

uploadfromtaptalk1427507002889.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread