The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Probably a stupid question from a noob.

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by veryoldgit54, Sep 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. veryoldgit54

veryoldgit54 Full Member

Sep 15, 2018
    London UK
    When my e-cig arrives and I start using it, there may be the odd day or two where because of health issues I dont vape. Are there any problems leaving say a 50/50 mix in the tank for a couple of days?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Plumes.91

Plumes.91 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 30, 2012
    United States
    because tanks are typically constructed of food-safe materials, you should be able to leave your liquids sitting in 99% of them without issue. I have left liquid in tanks for months, personally. glass, stainless steel, cotton & kanthal are all pretty inert, even when left sitting in juice.

some tanks are made of food safe plastics and some liquids have been known to etch these plastics (cinnamon) in which case, if you pickup a plastic tank that's been sitting for a year and it's hazy or cracked, maybe dump the juice and move on.

also, if you let a relatively light juice sit for a few days (especially in a tank with a wick you've burnt in the past) you may see darker liquid leaching from the coil feed holes of your coil head. should be fine. just discoloration. (from being in close proximity to the heat source)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    The only stupid questions are those left unasked. Very few will leak if not used for awhile. You should be fine leaving it alone for a couple of days. Just to be safe set it upright when not in use.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  4. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Nope.

• Like Like x 4
  5. veryoldgit54

veryoldgit54 Full Member

Sep 15, 2018
    London UK
    Thanks guys, It was just a question I had not seen asked before.

• Like Like x 3
  6. suprtrkr

suprtrkr ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Late to the thread, but I agree. I have mods stashed in odd places and some of them I vape when I find them. No worries.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. United States

United States Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    Stash it upright and away from heat sources and sunlight when not in use.

In sunlight or near heat can cause the juice to expand and become thinner thereby possibly oozing past gaskets.

Good question actually.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Hi veryoldgit54. Welcome to the ECF.

As other have said, there shouldn't be a problem leaving e-Liquid in your Tank for a few days.

What I do is if I'm Not going to use a Tank/RTA for a few days, I take it off the Mod, Close the Airflow holes, then store it Upright out of direct sunlight in a Shot Glass or on a Coffee Can Lid.

If the Tank/RTA is going to leak, it Almost Always leaks thru the Airflow Holes. And the Last thing you want is to come back and find it Leaked on your Mod. Or on you Desk.

BTW - Not a Stupid Question at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. veryoldgit54

veryoldgit54 Full Member

Sep 15, 2018
    London UK
    Further to the question you all have so kindly answered is it better to store off the battery and are there any precautions for the different types of tanks other than airflow holes and keeping the tank vertical?

• Like Like x 1
  10. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I've vaped commercial juices two years or more after purchase. It depends on the ingredients, but if it's still clear or translucent it's probably OK. I recently found an eGo in my vape cabinet that was full of juice that was clear/yellow. It had to be 4 or 5 years old. I vaped it and it tasted like I remembered it to be. YMMV.

PG maintains pretty well and is known to prevent the growth of bacteria and microbes. VG ... not sure. Someone else can speak to VG purity and longevity. I vape 50/50 so there's some PG in the mix.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jebbn

Jebbn Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2018
    Australia
    I left some juice in a smok spirals tank for about 2 weeks, I just set the tank aside and kind of forgot about it.
    I found the tank after awhile and while having a look at it noticed something greenish inside.
    I opened it up to have a closer look, the coil casing was degraded and a greenish rust/oxidization had begun.
    I checked the packet the coils came in and it was a genuine smok product. I havnt used the spirals since.
    I havnt had this problem with the Naut2's or Zeniths.
    I found an aspire pockex coil I had put back in the box without cleaning instead of throwing out and it had the same greenish tinge of oxidization that the spirals coil had.
    The spirals tank made me ill and thats why I had stopped using it. Maybe I just got a bad batch of coils, I dont know.

• Like Like x 1
  12. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    It's really fine to leave juice in it for a few days. As a precaution sure you could take it off the mod.

I have found the longer I leave it sit, the more juice change, like flavor fades out over time (sometimes quite some time) then sometimes things get sludgy and I need to clean a tank and replace the coil. But we are talking about time frames far longer than 2 days or so.

And no, not a dumb question at all.

Anna

13. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    It might have been Verdigris formation from copper alloy. I noticed that on a ziplock of old eGo coils that I saved to recoil, but never did.

Verdigris - Wikipedia

• Like Like x 2
  14. United States

United States Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    Keep it in a place as dark and cool as practical. Not necessarily in the 'fridge, but definitely not near the stove or a window.

For Penguin and other pod users:
    I left juice in a JoyeTech Penguin tank off of the device in a to go bag and it was darn near empty after about 2 weeks. So whenever I store tanks with juice for an extended time I put them in a ziplock just to be sure. Doing that kept my to go bag from having a bunch of juice all over the place.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.