probably beating a dead horse with questions.. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopher

Jul 22, 2009
I am interested in making the purchase of an e-cigarette, but I want to make sure I get one that is good for 'me', with so many suppliers out there my brain is getting overloaded 8-o

First thing is first, My Grandfather did some research on his and he came up with the site "electroniccigarettestore.us/" He put an order through and they have not charged his card, or shipped out any product to him (does anyone know if this site is a known scam?) or what the deal with them is?

Now.. On to me! :)

I am looking for an e-cig that isnt too fancy, the shape of just a regular cigarette is fine with me, maybe some color to spice it up (but I dont really care) that gets good vape hits and can cool my craving for nicotine (obviously) I have looked around a few sites and I see all these crazy looking ones and I am not really interested in that.

510 Kits for $30 & $40 from innovapor.com

I was looking for at this one, and was thinking of giving it a try (The price looks great) However, Coming off cigarette smoking I would like to try something more flavorful as I do not smoke tobacco for the taste, I smoke it for the nicotine <.<

Are the cartridges reloadable with a liquid from a different store?

Can anyone link one that would work with this model?

Can anyone vouch for this model and say that the vapor hits were nice and cloudy?

How about the throat hits?

What does the term "direct dripping" mean?

I go through about a pack of Marlboro 27's a day, which nicotine percentage should I start off with to ensure I am not getting those nic-fits?

How long does a full cartridge generally last? And how about those 3ml bottles? what are the equivalant of those in terms of cigarettes and or cigarette packs?

PHEW, sorry for a million and one questions, and sorry if I am beating a dead horse with the topic.. I just want to make sure I am getting the right thing for my money as I dont want to keep spending money left and right in order to find the right product I need.

Thank you so much for your time in answering the questions :)

Moonflame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Smith Mt Lake area, Va, USA
I don't have a 510, I have a 901, but a friend has one and I have tried it and am now planning to order one. It gives great vapor. Both the 901 and 510 are user friendly models to start with. Order some of the flavored e-liquid when you order to fill empty carts and top off with. I used about 30 mls in 3 weeks and I smoked 1 1/2 packs a day before I switched to vaping. I top off (drip a few drops onto the cart) every 30 mins to an hour (the time has lengthened between having to do this since I started using pyramid tea bags to stuff the cart-- you can find info about that by doing a search for tea bag). Direct dripping is dripping a couple of drops right onto the wick of the atomizer. There is a great video on starting out done by Spikey that answers a lot of these questions with her showing how to do most of these things that is very helpful for newbies. Hope my rambling was helpful and Welcome!

RenaissancePuffer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
It doesn't look like a traditional e-cigarette, but you can not go wrong with a Janty Stick. It has a manual switch with a 12 second cut off (but this doesnt stop us from going 16 or so :p), built in usb passthrough ability, cheap batteries, and compatible atomizer/cart (janty kissbox/dse801).

Save yourself the money and get something that has it all built into one device. If I may suggest your first e-cig be - JANTY STICK V2

If you go to the JantyUSA section of the forums, you can read the reviews on it by our members. Almost all of them are positive, aside from the folks who seem to have received defective hardware (not any more than usual for this technology).

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
never tried that one but I like the e-lites Exec cigarette, its small subtle and dimensions are exactly the same as a traditional cigarette.

This model has no throat hit and very poor battery life. A good PV should have great throat hit every inhale and have battery life of 6-8 hours. That only happens with a manual PV.

Rule of Thumb: the more it looks like the real thing, the worse the performance and reliabilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread