Problem with eGo batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

44shooter

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
Lancaster, PA
I have a couple of eGo batteries that I use. My Mod is temporarily out of service. just in the past couple of days I've been having problems getting my Protank 3 and my Drunker to work on these batteries. if I thread these tanks on the batteries, it appears that I have a short. the light on the battery flashes. if I back the tank off about a turn, it works. Both these tanks are doing the same thing on both my eGo batteries. Any suggestions?

44shooter

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
Lancaster, PA
the thing that throws off the wire trim theory, which was my first suspicion, is that the drunker tank is a top coil. I never touched anything down at the battery connection. I tried yet another ego battery today and it does the exact same thing. I am really baffled. 3 totally different batteries, 2 totally different tanks. The protank rebuild was kind of tough, i will redo again tonight and see what happens. I redid the Drunker 4 or 5 times since that was easy. Also, I have 2 coil heads for the Protank 3, no difference. I know its a common issue with chargers that if you turn down to far the light goes green. maybe this problem is related to the same cause....which I have not figured out either.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I have a couple of eGo batteries that I use. My Mod is temporarily out of service. just in the past couple of days I've been having problems getting my Protank 3 and my Drunker to work on these batteries. if I thread these tanks on the batteries, it appears that I have a short. the light on the battery flashes. if I back the tank off about a turn, it works. Both these tanks are doing the same thing on both my eGo batteries. Any suggestions?

The center pin is pressed it.
Prize it up with a toothpick; if you use a metal pin, be careful not to press the fire button

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
I'm pretty mechanically and electrically competent and I can't figure out what could be causing this

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

centerpin.jpg

Try looking at this and looking at the connection between the bottom of the tank and the top of the battery.

The red thing in the middle has to make contact.

Everything is so close inside that 510 threadwell, no wonder it always causes problems; that's why eGo threads are better.

Ak_vap

Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Qatar
this heppend to me with a brand new vision spinner. I've noticed whenever I tighten the clero all the way on the battery it fires up for 3 seconds and then it shuts off completely. battery wont work either if I remove the clero. I have to connect it to the charger so it can work again. same tank is working normally on other ego battery when it is threaded to the end.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
edyle,
Are you talking about the pin on the tank or the battery? I did pull the one on the tank out a little, it didnt help. I have not tried the one on the battery.

The pin in the battery does get pressed too far in and cause problems and can be lifted back up with some difficulty; there's no spring underneath it to keep it up.

it has to touch the pin on the tank: by the way, you might realise that taking the centerpin out of the tank and filling down the threaded cylinder that it fits into will end up leaving you tank's center pin protruding outwards and it will then DEFINITELY make contact.

Pulling the pin out a bit on the tank side should also have gotten it to make contact especially if it protruded out visibly from the bottom of the tank

Last edited:

44shooter

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
Lancaster, PA
ok
that makes sense. I did pull the battery pin up. it didnt help. it seems that the tolerance is so tight, if everything isnt lining up perfectly, it will push the pin right back down. Which is what appears to be happening.
just tried pulling the pin on the tank out really far then carefully attaching to battery. everything works. so I guess everytime I put it on, I will do that. I'm waiting on a new top cap for my mod. when I get that this problem wont matter.
Thanks for the help!

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
You can get 510 to 510 adapters to go in between the battery and the tank so that you don't keep screwing directly on the battery all the time; doesn't work perfect, but it can help; drawback of course it make the thing look more of a contraption.

What I'd really like are adapters that have female eGo to screw down solid on the battery, and 510/eGo on top to take the tank.

Oh; and you use a protank 3; I use a protank with the miniprotank base on it; the miniprotank base is eGo threaded; so I don't get that center pin problem, plus the airflow is better.

44shooter

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
Lancaster, PA
sounds like a good idea. the problem with my mod is I stripped the threads on the top cap. so I should get a couple of those. so the mini pro
tank will fit the protank 3 coilhead? dual coil.
I need to get a mod with a stainless cap and just be done with it. I'm cheap and always buying the chinese knock offs. I'm slowly learning my lesson.
Thanks for the info.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
sounds like a good idea. the problem with my mod is I stripped the threads on the top cap. so I should get a couple of those. so the mini pro
tank will fit the protank 3 coilhead? dual coil.
I need to get a mod with a stainless cap and just be done with it. I'm cheap and always buying the chinese knock offs. I'm slowly learning my lesson.
Thanks for the info.

I can't say for sure if there will be the space in the protank 3 but probably; most likely there will be too much space just as will my case of the protank1 and you just add extra silicone caps on the spire to seal it - But I'm talking about using the regular single coil; if you put the dual coil that came with the protank 3 I'm less sure about the spacing.

btw what mod do you have?

does it have the eGo thread? or is it 510 thread only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread