problem with protank

Status
Not open for further replies.

lefty23

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
Hey everyone, I have some questions about problems I'm having with the kanger protanks. So about a year ago I stopped vaping (I wasn't addicted to the nicotine anymore and so I slowly just stopped doing it) but recently I'm getting back into it. I kept all of my hardware, which is good, obviously, Anyway, even before I quit, I stopped using the protanks (first generation) and switched completely over to evods because I noticed the flavor was far better in the evods (the protank seemed to taste muted, or off). This week I cleaned and reloaded all my gear, and felt like tanks were actually not bad (they were still a bit muted, but really not too bad). I had 3 old ones, two of which were working great, and one that just needed a replacement bottom. So I got my vapemail today and stuck a new bottom on the one, and also got a protank 2 and a brand new Tesla (my old one crapped out on me Wednesday night). All excited, I opened up the new tank and loaded it. To my chagrin, it tasted like burnt a**hole. I put yet another brand new coil in, with the same results. I tried absurdly low voltage (3.4V with a 2.5ohm coil), and same thing. I literally just got this ting today, and it's awful. But even stranger, the old ones that were working fine earlier this week also starting tasting worse and worse (with the exception of one, strangely enough). Does anyone know what's going on? I mean, I can switch back to all evods, I still have plenty, it's just a waste to have 4 tanks, 3 of which are completely useless, including one I just got today. Any info at all would be greatly appreciated; thanks in advance.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
I have had bad experience with the Protank heads. What I did was learn how to rebuild them and wick them with cotton. BIG difference. There are plenty of videos on Youtube and if I can learn how to do it...anyone can.

And protank coils will fit your evod tanks as well.

But please before you learn to rebuild be sure to educate yourself on ohms and different resistances.

lefty23

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
I've been vaping for over a year and a half, so I'm familiar with resistances and voltage pairing and how to dial it in for optimal taste, but these tanks (with brand new coils right out of the package and in one case a brand new tank right out of the package) taste like the coils are completely fried. Also, the reason I went with the protank 2 instead of the three is so I can use the coils in both the tanks and the evods, so I'm up on that. I just can't figure out what the heck is going wrong. Maybe I'll check out those videos on wicking. Thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread