Problems with Wetbox switch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

breakdown00

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Bonita Springs, Florida
So Ive had this for about a month or a month and a half and bought it used so wear and tear was present before I even got it. Anyhow the switch on this thing I thought originally was neat because of the pivoting activation and it still is but now it doesn't fire hardly at all. I have to wiggle in every direction to get it to fire eventually and hope I can hold it there to get a vape. Is the switch about to go out or is there something I can do to make it fire like it was before again? Im already not really happy with the mod anyway because it leaks like a geyser. I had to use the paper towel catch method and I have to change that a few times a day because its completely soaked. On top of that the feel of it is nice but I know one day I will sit on it or drop it and the box will break. I dont really have the cash to spend on a nice remo or mr puffer so I dont have much option. The reason I got it was because I drive a lot for work and its great for that. Anyway rant over...what can I do to fix the switch or should I just prepare for it to stop working soon?

Side note - I keep reading people are putting WD40 on the switches then blowing it out. To all who have done this are you just putting it on the outside of the switch? The inside of my wetbox (for the most part) is sealed. I dont know of they are all this way. A little detailed explanation would be great. Thanks in advance.

MacDiver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2010
Morehead City, NC
On the WD40, attach the red straw tube that comes taped to the side of the can. Spray it directly into the switch from the outside as short a shot as you can. It only takes that much. I wrap mine with a paper towel as good as I can to keep it from spaying on me. Shoot both the top and bottom buttons, then wipe it off and work the switches. Humitity is the cause of the switches not working. I have started to do it every couple weeks as a preventive. Don't want my PV going down while I'm out and about.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread