Prodigal vaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

*paige*

Nov 7, 2013
Atlanta, GA, USA
Hello again, ecf.

I am one who went back to analogs during a rough bit in my life. Now, things aren't much better, but I have resolved to go back to only vaping (2 days now, and remembering that I actually like vaping more) and lose about 50 lbs (started about a month ago, so far, so good)

It is a little rougher this time. The first time around, I just got a vape, and never really wanted a cigarette. This time it is a bit different, as I still have some cravings, which might just be self destructive tendencies leftover from life challenges.

Any advice or commiserate would be lovely. I am so glad to be reading these forums again, as I remember them being a friendly place full of delightful people.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum @*paige*. Glad to have you here!:)

Hang in there it will get better. What are you using to vape with?

A "general guideline" for nicotine concentration in e-liquid to the number of cigarettes smoked per day. If you are subohming (resistance under 1.0Ω) cut these nicotine levels by at least 50%.

06 mg = 10 cigarettes or less
12 mg = 20 cigarettes
18 mg = 30 cigarettes
24 mg = 40 cigarettes

Reactions: *paige*

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    Hello again, ecf.

I am one who went back to analogs during a rough bit in my life. Now, things aren't much better, but I have resolved to go back to only vaping (2 days now, and remembering that I actually like vaping more) and lose about 50 lbs (started about a month ago, so far, so good)

It is a little rougher this time. The first time around, I just got a vape, and never really wanted a cigarette. This time it is a bit different, as I still have some cravings, which might just be self destructive tendencies leftover from life challenges.

Any advice or commiserate would be lovely. I am so glad to be reading these forums again, as I remember them being a friendly place full of delightful people.
    I'm familiar with the struggle. I am just recently starting to vape again after backsliding to smoking, and I still struggle. The only real advice I can give you is don't worry too much if you have the occasional smoke, and don't beat yourself up over it. I was doing just that, which seemed to cause me to smoke even more. Just try to reach for the vape as much as you can, and over time you will most likely reach a point where you are no longer thinking about smoking.

And remember that you are not alone.

*paige*

Nov 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA, USA
    Thank you so much! :)

I am using my old innokin Itaste mvp.

Subohming is a completely new concept for me, as it seems to have been popularized during my stint of not vaping.
    My partner went to the vape store to get a setup for himself, and I was way lost.o_O Technology moves quick.

I am using 18mg, as I was about a pack and a half a day smoker.:blush:

I hope you have a wonderous day!

*paige*

Nov 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA, USA
    howdy! and welcome back!

keep in mind, it's a process - don't beat yourself up (the world is perfectly willing to beat us up, we don't have to assist) and breathe :) you're on the right path

I knew I remembered these forums as being ultra kind and helpful. Thank you so much! I hope your day is full of loveliest things.

MattyVigilante

ECF Veteran
    Jan 2, 2016
    Northamptonshire
    Sorry to hear of your struggles, but you are obviously making positive steps which I commend you for!
    Take each day as it comes and don't beat yourself up if you do need a smoke.
    I recently came out of rehab and admittedly have a bit of a new lease for life, but boy things were rough for a while! I made the mistake of trying to kick the cigs whilst in treatment - too much too soon!
    Stay strong and remember there are always people willing to listen and help!
    Welcome home.
    MV

*paige*

Nov 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA, USA
    Sorry to hear of your struggles, but you are obviously making positive steps which I commend you for!
    Take each day as it comes and don't beat yourself up if you do need a smoke.
    I recently came out of rehab and admittedly have a bit of a new lease for life, but boy things were rough for a while! I made the mistake of trying to kick the cigs whilst in treatment - too much too soon!
    Stay strong and remember there are always people willing to listen and help!
    Welcome home.
    MV
    This is so beautiful of you to share. I feel like there is a breeze of warming comfort.

I'm glad you have a new lease on life, and you are doing a bit better. I can tell you are kind, and thoughtful. This makes me feel understood and grateful.

Most wonderful wishes to you.

MattyVigilante

ECF Veteran
    Jan 2, 2016
    Northamptonshire
    This is so beautiful of you to share. I feel like there is a breeze of warming comfort.

I'm glad you have a new lease on life, and you are doing a bit better. I can tell you are kind, and thoughtful. This makes me feel understood and grateful.

Most wonderful wishes to you.
    You're more than welcome.
    And thank you for your kind words :)

Reactions: *paige*
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread