Prodigy Standard RCR123A v.s. RCR2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some RCR2's and charger from my DIY days and was wondering if I can use them in my Prodigy?

The RCR2's (actually UltraFire TR15270) are rated at 3v/800mAh, cutoff discharge is3.6v and 2.0v. With a multimeter, they are currently at 3.32v.

I just received my Prodigy today and am a bit impatient on waiting on my new batteries to charge.

Any input?

Thanks,
Paul

WindyCityMike

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2009
OK
As long as they fit in the tube, i'm betting they will work. Voltage looks the same as the rcr123a's, but they look a bit shorter and unprotected(are the tenergy's that come with prodigy protected or just LifePO4?)

TDM, 2 18650's?? That would be one long PV LOL
Think that would also be higher volts, 3.7v x 2 minus the resistor, would probably be closer to 6v
I have some RCR2's and charger from my DIY days and was wondering if I can use them in my Prodigy?

The RCR2's (actually UltraFire TR15270) are rated at 3v/800mAh, cutoff discharge is3.6v and 2.0v. With a multimeter, they are currently at 3.32v.

I just received my Prodigy today and am a bit impatient on waiting on my new batteries to charge.

Any input?

Thanks,
Paul

Last edited:

TDM

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
As long as they fit in the tube, i'm betting they will work. Voltage looks the same as the rcr123a's, but they look a bit shorter and unprotected(are the tenergy's that come with prodigy protected or just LifePO4?)

TDM, 2 18650's?? That would be one long PV LOL
Think that would also be higher volts, 3.7v x 2 minus the resistor, would probably be closer to 6v

Yep but think of the vape life!! May have to get a special switch made with 2 resistors to get the voltage down a bit more!!

The tenergys that come with the prodigy I believe are protected batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread