Status
Not open for further replies.

FrogHat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
Virginia
My review of the Prodigy V2 with a little bit of talk on the Protégé.

Ok I received my Prodigy V2 on Monday (5 days ago).

First I will review the craftsmanship;

• The Prodigy V2 is a very nice looking device and has a very nice design to it.
  • The end cap has enough threads so there shouldn’t be any major concern for “cross-threading”.
  • The body of this device is literally flawless very nice Logo (kudos’ to the designer).
  • The adapter is also of good quality, but I have concerns with the amount of threads on the top of the shell, there are only 3, and seems that the adapter could get cross-threaded onto the body very easily if not careful.
  • Fits very nice in your hands and has a very good feel to it, my unit measures approximately 6” with atomizer and SS-Tip on it.

Vapor/Throat Hit/Batteries/Consumption/Switch

• With fully charged batteries the throat hit is awesome as is the amount of vapor .
  • With fully charged batteries I have to be careful not to hold down on the button too long. I can see myself popping an Atomizer if it’s not wet or properly primed with juice.
  • 5 volts seems to be very nice place to be, I do prefer to use this unit after the batteries have discharged a little bit.
  • With a fully charged set of (new) batteries I was able to go for 12 hrs. I think I vap 3ml per day. I can see that # increasing a bit due to the amount of liquid 5 volts consumes.
  • I have had no issues with the switch at all. Not even 1 miss-fire. (sorry)

Now let’s talk about the Protégé and the Prodigy V2 as I own both.
I have been told by a couple members that I need find out when to use these devices throughout my day. Whether I start my day out with the Protégé and then switch to my V2.
I have done both, and not sure it matters. It depends on what you are looking for at that moment. If your looking for a quick buzz…….use the V2, if your looking to chain vap, use the Protégé. This will have to be worked out by the user.

If you are on the ropes with the purchase of a quality mod for yourself, this is a very nice product. If you own a Protégé already and looking for something with a little more kick the V2 has what your looking for.
If for some reason you don’t own either and are looking for something different, go with the Prodigy V2.
The Protégé provides me with all day vaping, and the ProdigyV2 provides me with a kick when I need or want it. For me, I can’t vap as much with the V2 as I can with the Protégé without reducing the level of mg.

And if your looking for a rating 1-10, 10 being the best.

I have to give it a 9, sorry if there were just a couple more threads on the top of the body for the adapter it would have been a 10.

That’s all I have.
DICKW

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm glad I found the V2 before wasting money on other devices. I almost ordered the insanely priced 3.7v cig from TW and so glad i didnt. I ordered the V2 and Juice Box on the same day. I've been good since then and have only bought parts. I got lucky and ordered a V2 with a 2-3 week wait and it came 5 days later. It's got its own learning curve but can be mastered quickly

ZERO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
people's republic
Great review.... I just ordered one..
smoke.gif

FrogHat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
Virginia
Great review.... I just ordered one..
smoke.gif

Thanks, I would suggest reveiwing another thread about switch mis firing.

Go to the store and be prepared for re working the switch, probably best to do it right away so you don't get frustrated as some have.

I still have no issues with the switch but I did get the #60 o-rings and I already had the Noalox.......so I am going to go through the motions just because.

Rezo

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
Chicago, Il
I've had my V2 for about a week now, i think. Took some getting used to, certainly from my protege. I find that if i use the same 510 atty for both, they die quickly, not sure why, soon as i started using one atty for each, everything has been fantastic. Having used the protege usb pass i was expecting hotter vape, now i see what 5v vaping is all about. I'm getting tons of flavor, which is odd, i thought 3.7v was supposed to have more flavor. I gotta say, i was worried about the emchanical switch after having some initial problems with a first gen mech switch for the protege, but the V2 vaped like a champ right out of the box. Puresmoker rocks.

GregH

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
Georgia USA
I find that if i use the same 510 atty for both, they die quickly, not sure why, soon as i started using one atty for each, everything has been fantastic.

I discovered that too. I posted about it in another thread somewhere. The attys don't die (at least for me); I get plenty of vapor from the Protege. But I just get zero throat hit after using one on the V2 and then putting it on the Protege. So I just have dedicated attys for each.

For me personally, i get more flavor out of a V2 than i do from the Protege... Just my 2 cents worth.....

Same here. I view my Protege as my go-everywhere-with-me workhorse because it's so small and portable and has such great battery life. I view my V2 as my at-home luxury because of the better TH and flavor.

And regarding the switch, I started having a little bit of difficulty at exactly the one week mark. I read in another thread where Steve said that sometimes the silicone ring can become warped and cause misfires. I replaced it with a #60 o-ring, and it's hitting like a champ again.

FrogHat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
Virginia
Same here. I view my Protege as my go-everywhere-with-me workhorse because it's so small and portable and has such great battery life. I view my V2 as my at-home luxury because of the better TH and flavor.

I am still using it only 20% of the time, I really enjoy the Protege.

Man...........little bit depressing but I consider it my back up for when I want something with a kick.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread