Prodigy V2 801 5v Trashed and Satisfactorily Replaced with...

Status
Not open for further replies.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Bought a Prodigy V2 came dethreaded and firing 1 out of 4 times. Sent back for repair came back still firing 1 out of 4 times. Cut my losses and I threw it in the trash.

When the Prodigy works it's great but based on my experience and many other complaints in the forum they simply aren't reliable.

Bought a Xhaler and it ran too hot. This is also mentioned in other threads. Didn't matter cap open cap closed just plain hotter than Prodigy. Decided to try one more thing and bought the 4.5 HR Atty from Nhaler and used it with Xhaler.

That made the difference.

I'm going to qualify this recommendation it's only for 801 users. I did not test the Xhaler with the 510 won't use a 510 because the cartridge is too small.

If you want that sweet spot and a reliable gig than the Xhaler 801 with a 4.5 HV Atty and 2 3V batteries will provide a Vape similiar to if not better than the Prodigy V2 and Kudos for reliability.

The liquid I'm using is Halo my favorite being the Torque 56

I've Vaped at many different temperatures and can tell the difference. So I can recommend the Xhaler with 4.5 HR to the many frustrated Prodigy users who like that 5V sweet spot. It's about identical.

By the way the 4.5HR Atty is not a deep bridge so it doesn't clump the cartridge filler. When you examine the coil it's fatter than the regular 801 Attys boding well for it's longevity.

It takes the same batteries as the Prodigy so there was no extra outlay for batteries.

The construction on the Xhaler is Rock solid. There is absolutely no Air Passing between the Battery compartment and the Vaporizer part. One little trick is that you do need to unscrew the Attomizer about 1/2 a turn to allow air to mix.

Bye bye Prodigy V2 I don't miss you!

chev327fox

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
Nowheresville, ME

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I'd like to emphasize that I sent back a defective unit and received a defective unit back. I didn't go into details but the first time around I consulted the posts deassembled the switch etc... I consider the Prodigy a lousy purchase. I expect items I buy to work out of the box and if I return a defective item I expect the return to be functioning. Sorry if anyone think my expectations are too high.

I don't have the time or inclination to try to fix a unit that I sent back to be repaired. The Forum is laden with Prodigy complaints about the switch and they should have fixed it on V2 and they certainly should be sure to send out functioning units to customers who return the defective units.

The intention of this post is to make those who are considering a Prodigy or own a Prodigy and are unhappy aware that there is a more reliable Vaping experience available In the Xhaler with a 4.5v HR Atomizer.

The Prodigy is a flawed design and the quality is shoddy. The only reason to buy one is because when it works it offers a great Vape. Now there is an alternative on the market to get that great vape without the headaches.

Last edited:

wiscguy

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2009
Madison, WI

The point being that I should not have to do any of that. Im not going after your ingenuity as you seem to have superior knowledge in this, but I dont want to.

When I purchase something im under the pretends that it will work. I didnt get that with this mod nor have many others.

Tomzgreat is right, its not a great product, their forum is littered with people who have had or continue to have issues, yet they still try to sell it.

I get that youre happy and thats ok because you sound like a guy that likes to tinker. Its a great quality...just not mine.

So to conclude, I get this post. Ive been unhappy with mine since I received it and even after trying to "tinker" with some of it, a week or two later its back to the same crap. He just wants to get the word out.

I think I just put all the fanboys in attack mode....sorry haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread