Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I’ve settled with 2 different eleaf mods, not amazing quality but they are at least still working.
Ijoy squonk was terrible.
And have had an OBS engine 2 fall apart after a week too
Ijoy capo 100 squonk? Yeah i had one. Loved it at first. But i agree, terrible. Made me never want another squonk.

Reactions: stols001

GamblerMagic

Nov 29, 2018
Good discussions definitely. I agree it's a good time of year to produce new "stuff". But if you inundate the market with so much "stuff", a person going to make their New Year's resolution to stop smoking and look at vaping like: "Yeah... uhhh where do I start...? meh, forget it just get me a pack of marb reds".

I mean the sheer number of different pre-made coils out there is ridiculous in all their different varieties and what not. I mean Smok now has Silver, Rainbow or Gold colored coils and will charge you extra for the Rainbow or Gold.

I think far too often, greed overpowers the actual reason for vaping: to stop smoking.

Overall as an industry vaping has a ways to go for sure. I hope vaping lasts long enough to see standardized coils, streamlined product lines and lower variability in quality. But that only comes from a "mature" market. To be determined I suppose, assuming the FDA doesn't go full idiot and ban things related to vaping or vaping itself.

Hope everyone working on those two or three year resolutions will get them done this year ;)

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
What began as an idea to create a nicotine alternative that mimics the original product has blossomed into a big industry.

Heck, I'd bet a Pepsi that many of the movers and shakers in the industry these days have never been a smoker. Maybe cigars at cocktail parties.

"Well Biff, hows the vape business?" (Takes big drag from a $45 cigar)
""I'll tell ya Skip, it turns out those people will buy just about anything if you attach enough goofy gadgets". (Sips expensive cognac)

(Both laugh in a hoity-toity style) "huh, huh, huhhhhh"...

Reactions: Izan

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I usually just stop whatever it is on a whim. Often times something triggers said whim though.

"One of these days I'm going to lose weight". Doc says "you're an official type 2 diabetic". Welp, it's time to lose weight.

Resolve to fix the shed roof before it leaks... Starts leaking.... Time to fix the leaky roof...

One day I considered halting the purchase of vaping gear. An email from AmEx said my credit was max'd. Welp, time to put that plan into motion.

Another day I bought a Zero pod in a store (using cash, lol) and have not looked back. The only other vape purchases were stocking up on clearance juice and buy back up Zeros. I did try an EQ but Mrs. States ended up acquiring that.

I believe that officially means your a procrastinator.. lol..

Some people are goal oriented, others are not but an inability to set goals and stick with them is not why most smokers can't quit.

Last edited:

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
I believe that officially means your a procrastinator.. lol..

I considered joining the procrastinator club this year but put it off.
Buh-dum-schpee...

I used to be ocd about putting off things but never finished one project because I was always starting another.

At various points in my life I collected stuff and always got carried away. When I began vaping it seemed like that was going to happen again. Not one but two of everything. Or one of each color. After a few weeks the talley was approaching 2 grand. I put the brakes on before things got too crazy.

I had considered going after classic devices at one point to build a sorta museum. No more shelf space from all that other stuff squashed that idea before it began.

IMG-20190106-132941.jpg

A sample

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I considered joining the procrastinator club this year but put it off.
Buh-dum-schpee...

I used to be ocd about putting off things but never finished one project because I was always starting another.

At various points in my life I collected stuff and always got carried away. When I began vaping it seemed like that was going to happen again. Not one but two of everything. Or one of each color. After a few weeks the talley was approaching 2 grand. I put the brakes on before things got too crazy.

I had considered going after classic devices at one point to build a sorta museum. No more shelf space from all that other stuff squashed that idea before it began.

IMG-20190106-132941.jpg

A sample

A “few weeks” over $2k??!! I feel so much better now. I think it took me 6 months to hit the $2k mark :?:!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rossum

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Well, I was vaping for 2. Mrs. States is a DL vaper, me an MTL. So each visit to a local shop involved a return there later that day to acquire a device for the Missus. $100 here, $200 there...it added up quick as the shake of a lambs tail.

I'd go to a shop with mountainbikermark and return home and show her my shiney new X. She'd say "ew, ew, can you take me there?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread