Product reviews from a new member. Echo E cartomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

tferguson

Jul 24, 2011
San Diego, CA
After trying the standard eGo and the eGo tank systems still found myself looking for a better atomizer solution. At first i didnt like the idea of cartomizers with the filler so close to the coil but after trying a few of the more popular brands (boge and ikenvape) i began to think that i was hasty in my judgment. The boges and ikenvapes of all types were actually pretty good, although they didnt hold enough liquid that i could leave the bottle at home.
Enter the echo-e cartomizer. This is a horozontal bottom coil carto similar in design to the GoGo carts, but with the added versatility of a 510/eGo connection. i ordered a few of these expensive cartos from cropduster901 and i think these are probably the ultimate eGo cartomizer. They advertise 2.3ml capacity and i was able to get a little over 60 drops in them before leaking occured so it seems the capacity is right about at the advertised level depending on what drops per ml calculation you use. Flavor is extremely good and they produce pretty good vapor too, especially considering that these are not low resistance cartos (around 2.6 ohms if i remember correctly). the battery life is excellent when using these on eGo batteries. For me an echo-e on a 650 mah ego battery would last me through the work day until i got home without charging a battery or carrying a bottle of liquid.
After several days the flavor started to decline as with any cartomizer. These advertise being able to take many refills before they wear out. This was time the real test. If these aren't cleanable then they arent worth 5 bucks per carto. If they are then they are worth every penny. I pulled out the filler from one of them using needle nose pliers. Grab from the actual filler and not the center tube. it came right out and i was able to wash it until it was perfectly white and dry. Then i washed the carto with hot water and dry burned it. i saw the coil return to normal color. I then wrapped both layers of filler around a straw and re-inserted it by pushing the straw over the center tube. i refilled the carto and i was done in less than 10 minutes with no waiting to dry. I dont know how long these will last because i havent killed one yet and its probably been over a month. 5 bucks per carto doesnt sound so bad anymore. Then i found that nhaler.com has them for 3 bucks each! this is seriously a steal. One downside is that they dont seem to like higher voltages as i had hoped they would. they did not perform well for me over 4.2 volts. But then again i bought them specifically to use on my eGo and Riva batteries. For that purpose i cant recommend these enough. These are 9.5 out of 10 for me. Possibly the perfect eGo cartomizer.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ

tferguson

Jul 24, 2011
San Diego, CA
with most cartos i agree with you mtv. i toss the dual coils, boges, and all other vertical coil cartos that i use on my buzz pro when they taste bad, but i like knowing that i have a solid backup pv. for me a few spare ego batts and a handful of echo-e's and i know that i could go months without having to place another carto order if i wanted to. id recommend trying one if you haven't already. they work so well even you might hesitate to toss it

tferguson

Jul 24, 2011
San Diego, CA
yeah the coil runs side to side rather than up the length of the carto so it doesnt directly contact the filler. i think it has a wick through it leading through it to the filler. thats why you can take the filler out completely and dry burn the coil like an atomizer when it gets nasty. its really unlike any other 510 carto. the only comparable thing is the GoGo carto which has GoGo battery only threads.

kpms0n

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
Honolulu, Hi
Awesome review! I went through pretty much the same thing for you except skipping the IKV and boge cartos and the echo-e is definitely my carto of choice. I also highly recommend it for those who use their ego/ego-t batteries daily. I usually get about a week or just a few days more before they are gunked up and not producing but i did clean 2 of them and WOW they are pretty easy. I just need to find me a straw that works for putting it back together now =_=" I'm actually testing them with unflavored 75 pg/25 vg juice to see it's longevity without flavoring. Started it on monday and so far, no signs of gunking up! I usually hear a very short sizzle after releasing the button by day 3 or 4 but it's been cutting on the dot till now. :D

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Good review! I use the auto Echo which comes with 3.4 ml carto which is the same design and size. There will be a dual horiz coil echo and echo-e on the market very soon and are supposed to be better yet.
Cropduster has the echo-e carto for 3.00 and the Echo 650 kits for 39.95.http://www.cropduster901.com/shop/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread