The new Echo-e cartos for Riva and Ego batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I received my new Echo-e cartos yesterday and they are working great on my ego/riva batteries.
They are brand new in the states and not many ego users have tried them yet so I thought I would post my opinion. They are the better than any carto, tank or atty I've used on an ego battery and I've tried a lot.

They have the new designed bottom horizontal coil like the Go-Go and standard Echo. They are advertised to hold 2.3 ml but they hold between 2.5 and 3 ml of juice. You can simply drip in the juice or use a syringe. They are advertised to get over 100 refills per carto and can be cleaned if needed by simply running hot water through them or the more elaborate method of removing filler dry burning the coil, washing the filler and re-inserting it similar to the Go-Go method.

I've been using this type of carto for three months and I have not had one produce a burned taste, dry hit or had one leak a drop of liquid other than when I fill them. They wick extremely well and the hits are real consistent and the vapor only decreases when it gets low on juice.

I've been following the thread on this type of carto since it was introduced with the Go-Go in December and not one has burned out a coil so their life expectancy is unknown. I have yet to clean one myself and have a couple set aside for cleaning someday but plenty of other Go-Go users have cleaned theirs with good success.

I have a Go-Go and the new Echo automatic and love them both but I wanted something to use with all the ego/Riva batteries I've acquired over the last year and a half so I've been waiting for this to hit the market since December and so when it did I got some right away. They are going to be hard to get as others find out just how good they really are. There are only three vendors selling the echo-e right now, Johnnybass, Dput and Cropduster. This is Cropdusters website Echo Cartomizers | Cropduster901.com. He is out of stock but is supposed to get more in tomorrow.

The first ones went very fast so I would get some when you can find them available.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Thanks, TX!

I'll be receiving my Kr8-compatible Echo (1300 mAh chrome) plus an eGo-compatible Echo-e carto from JohnnyBass in a couple days ... and will be posting a review a few days thereafter. My own comparisons with be to the Leo (rather than Go-Go) cartomizer, as well as to all the eGo stuff (T-tanks and various cartos) and to the MaxX Fusion (for taste/vapor, capacity doesn't compare). So, between the two of us (and others), we'll be building a comparative assessment among some of today's popular models. [Gotta get an iGo user to try it out.]

Last edited:

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
Colour me interested.

Tex, I'm not seeing the resistance of these on the site you linked. In your experience, what would you say that these are equivalent to resistance-wise? IOW, do they hit like a standard 510 atty or like an LR? You don't happen to have a multimeter handy, do ya? =)

Thanks for any further input and for the head's up on these.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Colour me interested.

Tex, I'm not seeing the resistance of these on the site you linked. In your experience, what would you say that these are equivalent to resistance-wise? IOW, do they hit like a standard 510 atty or like an LR? You don't happen to have a multimeter handy, do ya? =)

Thanks for any further input and for the head's up on these.

No, my meter is on the blink but they are reported by a provari user to be 2.6-2.8. I also saw someone else post 2.7-2.9 so they must be in that range.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Thanks, TX!

I'll be receiving my Kr8-compatible Echo (1300 mAh chrome) plus an eGo-compatible Echo-e carto from JohnnyBass in a couple days ... and will be posting a review a few days thereafter. My own comparisons with be to the Leo (rather than Go-Go) cartomizer, as well as to all the eGo stuff (T-tanks and various cartos) and to the MaxX Fusion (for taste/vapor, capacity doesn't compare). So, between the two of us (and others), we'll be building a comparative assessment among some of today's popular models. [Gotta get an iGo user to try it out.]

The iGo is basically the same with a 1100 manual battery. I haven't tried one either but I don't find much difference in these type of cartos. The Echo-e with a ego battery has a little tighter draw being as the air slots aren't cut quite as deep as the Echo standard. The same is reported about the iGo that it has a tighter draw than the Go-Go. I didn't expect the echo-e to hit this good on an ego but it surprised me! I'm constantly getting pleasantly surprised these days being as I didn't expect the Echo to be as good as the Go-Go but it is.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Thanks, TX!

Glad to hear you are getting one I will be real interested in your opinion. It would be hard to see what someone wouldn't like but we all are different. The only negative thing is the charge time on the echo is very long but other than that everyone has been very positive on the vape and on the auto battery. The charging issue is being looked into, it charges fine but a completely dead battery is taking about 8 hrs to charge. It might be because the 1300 battery is basically the size of a 1100 and maybe it needs to trickle charge. Cropduster is checking with the Chinese engineers on what the deal is. I have two sets so it isn't a problem for me.

Mr Pink

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2011
Pepperell, MA
I have been using Echo-E cartos on my eGo batteries of various mAh and I am very impressed. First vendor who gets these down in price is gonna do better than alright. If these were a more reasonable $3 or less, I'd be ordering more right now. $5 each is pretty steep, esp when I'm still using the same 510 atty I started with over 6 months ago and have a great many more still in boxes. Guess I was fearing armageddon too much. I'm not the type who likes maintenance. Hence, I dedicate cartos to one of my 8 or 10 favorite juices. Again, at the $5 price point, I decided to avail myself to the hardware inventory I already have. That said, if you're low on hardware and have the dough, these are terrific.

LST1179

Jul 11, 2011
Texas
I'm been using the Echo-E carto with my 900 mAh Ego-T batteries for about three days and am very happy with them. I've gone from Blu to Joye 510 to Ego-T to Echo-E. The draw is amazingly easy and the TH is satisfying. No leaking, no burning, no stem dripping (using 801 tip). Thank goodness I saw the comments on several ECIG forums while trying to figure out what to do about my Ego-T problems.

LST

vapordraggin101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
I got the Echo-E from coolvapes.com about 2 weeks ago and it's really nice, no leaking and performs well so far, the only thing I think needs improving is the rubble tip for the cartomizer, it slips in and out way to easy, it's been a pain to not lose. I'm hoping someone is working on solving that problem. I will probably continue to use my inferno batteries since they have a yr. warranty. As far as the charging issue some people talk about taking 9 hrs. to charge mind doesn't take more than 3 or 4 hrs.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I got the Echo-E from coolvapes.com about 2 weeks ago and it's really nice, no leaking and performs well so far, the only thing I think needs improving is the rubble tip for the cartomizer, it slips in and out way to easy, it's been a pain to not lose. I'm hoping someone is working on solving that problem. I will probably continue to use my inferno batteries since they have a yr. warranty. As far as the charging issue some people talk about taking 9 hrs. to charge mind doesn't take more than 3 or 4 hrs.

If you push the tip past the stopping point it will stay on better. The best tip for them is the 801 cartridge hard plastic whistletip. You can buy them at Nhaler five for four dollars. Nhaler is the only vedor that I know of that sells the 801 cartridge with plastic tips most have the rubber ones. 801 driptips also work.
The echo 1300 does take 8 or 9 hrs to charge.

Last edited:

vapordraggin101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
If you push the tip past the stopping point it will stay on better. The best tip for them is the 801 cartridge hard plastic whistletip. You can buy them at Nhaler five for four dollars. Nhaler is the only vedor that I know of that sells the 801 cartridge with plastic tips most have the rubber ones. 801 driptips also work.
The echo 1300 does take 8 or 9 hrs to charge.

My tips are pushed in all the way, there is no resistance on these at all, they just slide in and out. The one I have is the 510 connections, will the 801 plastic tip still work? Thanks much...

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
The new echo-e 1.7 ohm dual coil cartos will soon be available at Mtn Vapor. The proto type was first made by mwa102464 when the echo first came out and Dennis at Mtn vapor took the ideal to the manufacture and they are now making them. They are supposed to be very very good. Dennis is selling them at his store now but will not be avaiable online until Sept.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I have been using Echo-E cartos on my eGo batteries of various mAh and I am very impressed. First vendor who gets these down in price is gonna do better than alright. If these were a more reasonable $3 or less, I'd be ordering more right now. $5 each is pretty steep, esp when I'm still using the same 510 atty I started with over 6 months ago and have a great many more still in boxes. Guess I was fearing armageddon too much. I'm not the type who likes maintenance. Hence, I dedicate cartos to one of my 8 or 10 favorite juices. Again, at the $5 price point, I decided to avail myself to the hardware inventory I already have. That said, if you're low on hardware and have the dough, these are terrific.

Cropduster now has the echo-e carto for 3.00! Cropduster901!, Home of the B-52

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
>"The proto type was first made by mwa102464 when the echo first came out and Dennis at Mtn vapor took the ideal to the manufacture and they are now making them."

Who/what is "mwa102464"? Did I read somewhere of some sort of a betrayal on the part of hangsen, or whoever the plans were taken to?

Errol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread