Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Hi to all! What I'm looking for is the basic how-to about utilizing the products section and adding reviews there..

@liblue1 seems to use it with decent frequency, so perhaps her input here would be good.

I saw the product review in the products section can also be linked to a discussion thread.. is that feature only for manufacturers like innokin? Or if i place a review there can I link to a discussion thread I started?

What are the rules concerning that if there is a vendor or manufacturer discussion thread already in existence? Does it have to link to existing thread led by manufacturers or can it be something separate?

I can't think of anything else atm, but am wondering about a how to here.. I hadn't found one and did look.

Reactions: liblue1

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I would be glad to try & help....
That area should be officially rolled out soon, but if there is a product there that you want to review by all means add your review to it......there's a tab on the main page for each item to write a review....
Note that it will be reviewed by Oliver before it is posted. It is a simple form to complete with a photos tab near the bottom....
If you have a new item that isn't listed there yet then create your review and Oliver will put it where it belongs after it's approved.... with that one I don't believe there is a form to fill out like the others but all the info needs to be in the same order if you can....
the Ask a question tab should lead to a discussion thread so that will be included....along with the tab for others to leave their review......
I hope this helps...

• Informative
Reactions: Opinionated

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I would be glad to try & help....
That area should be officially rolled out soon, but if there is a product there that you want to review by all means add your review to it......there's a tab on the main page for each item to write a review....
Note that it will be reviewed by Oliver before it is posted. It is a simple form to complete with a photos tab near the bottom....
If you have a new item that isn't listed there yet then create your review and Oliver will put it where it belongs after it's approved.... with that one I don't believe there is a form to fill out like the others but all the info needs to be in the same order if you can....
the Ask a question tab should lead to a discussion thread so that will be included....along with the tab for others to leave their review......
I hope this helps...

If I use the bolds, italics, photos etc the same way the forum is formatted will it go over there seamlessly?

So, in general if there is a product not yet there then I just shoot a message to Oliver with my review?

Okay, sounds easy!

Reactions: liblue1

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
If I use the bolds, italics, photos etc the same way the forum is formatted will it go over there seamlessly?

So, in general if there is a product not yet there then I just shoot a message to Oliver with my review?

Okay, sounds easy!
You just fill in the blanks on an existing one.....Photos need to be uploaded into the review.....
For a new one just create the thread.... it will automatically go for review by Oliver.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread