Status
Not open for further replies.

prof beard

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Stafford UK
Why

Most of my mods (all mechs) are 18xxx battery models (18350, 18500 and Telescopic) in 22mm or 20mm diameter. However I have a number of "slim" atomisers: Sophia (with slim tank), Spheroid, EBaron Dripper Spiral, Grail for Diver, Grail306, Mark T Infinity, and Bulli A2. I only have three 14500 mods and as they are two Super T Precise Simplicity models and my "rocking horse dropping" Super T Super Six - neither of which are being made any longer - I thought another 14500 mech was called for. I particularly like this size of mod for traveling (especially air travel) as they are easy to pocket and seem to attract the least attention.

Having had a good experience with my GP Spheroid and having had good reports of GP mods in general, I decided to order a Piccolo v4. As the Euro is pretty sick against the Pound at the moment, I decided to lash out the extra and have it in "Luxe" form (lots of silver plated innards for good conductivity).

I ordered this at 10.40am on the 1st April (no joke :) ) and it arrived at 2.40pm on the 2nd April - given it had come to me in Stafford UK all the way from Sophia in Bulgaria this has to be just about the most rapid shipping I have ever encountered!

The Piccolo v4

It came in nice box:

5z2z60.jpg

Containing two slide-out sections:

flj3f4.jpg

One contained the usual spares - including a GP "fork" tool, a useful thing:

w9ilhc.jpg

The other contained the Piccolo - so beautifully wrapped it seemed a shame to unwrap it:

256dbsw.jpg

But hey, I want to use the thing!

9k5rpx.jpg

Here is the button end and lock ring (which takes about a 90 degree turn to lock):

2i91c8w.jpg

And the atomiser connector end:

2r4r288.jpg

The "GP pin" provides a sprung adjustment for both the atomiser connection and the battery connection - so no gaps or battery rattle...

2hi5g75.jpg

I then pulled the connector out of its housing:

2004eid.jpg

And disassembled it to showed all the parts (nice silver plating):

29eobvc.jpg

I then turned my attention to the button end:

smgljo.jpg

Removing the battery connection from this end reveals the domed indentation in its reverse:

2zzs3r7.jpg

And here is the nice silver plated domed screw which makes contact with that indentation (and the hidden serialisation):

rtmfrp.jpg

Disassembling the switch shows its parts:

2nvxvgl.jpg

Using the Piccolo

I put a fresh IMR14500 into the Piccolo and fitted my eBaron Dripper Spiral:

2nvqt1d.jpg

No surprise - it worked perfectly! The Piccolo has a VERY short button throw of 0.3mm and takes the merest touch to activate.

I then fitted my GP Spheroid (v2) - they WERE made to go together so no surprise here either:

24pdi8j.jpg

The Piccolo is a nicely short mod, shorter than my Super T Precise Simplicity 14500 shown next to it here:

23s7rpy.jpg

Conclusion?

This mod is well made, well thought out and works splendidly - I am very pleased with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread