The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Prof Reviews the GP Piccolo v4 from Vapourart

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette APV Reviews' started by prof beard, Apr 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. prof beard

prof beard Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 29, 2009
    Stafford UK
    Why

Most of my mods (all mechs) are 18xxx battery models (18350, 18500 and Telescopic) in 22mm or 20mm diameter. However I have a number of "slim" atomisers: Sophia (with slim tank), Spheroid, EBaron Dripper Spiral, Grail for Diver, Grail306, Mark T Infinity, and Bulli A2. I only have three 14500 mods and as they are two Super T Precise Simplicity models and my "rocking horse dropping" Super T Super Six - neither of which are being made any longer - I thought another 14500 mech was called for. I particularly like this size of mod for traveling (especially air travel) as they are easy to pocket and seem to attract the least attention.

Having had a good experience with my GP Spheroid and having had good reports of GP mods in general, I decided to order a Piccolo v4. As the Euro is pretty sick against the Pound at the moment, I decided to lash out the extra and have it in "Luxe" form (lots of silver plated innards for good conductivity).

I ordered this at 10.40am on the 1st April (no joke :) ) and it arrived at 2.40pm on the 2nd April - given it had come to me in Stafford UK all the way from Sophia in Bulgaria this has to be just about the most rapid shipping I have ever encountered!

The Piccolo v4

It came in nice box:

[​IMG]

Containing two slide-out sections:

[​IMG]

One contained the usual spares - including a GP "fork" tool, a useful thing:

[​IMG]

The other contained the Piccolo - so beautifully wrapped it seemed a shame to unwrap it:

[​IMG]

But hey, I want to use the thing!

[​IMG]

Here is the button end and lock ring (which takes about a 90 degree turn to lock):

[​IMG]

And the atomiser connector end:

[​IMG]

The "GP pin" provides a sprung adjustment for both the atomiser connection and the battery connection - so no gaps or battery rattle...

[​IMG]

I then pulled the connector out of its housing:

[​IMG]

And disassembled it to showed all the parts (nice silver plating):

[​IMG]

I then turned my attention to the button end:

[​IMG]

Removing the battery connection from this end reveals the domed indentation in its reverse:

[​IMG]

And here is the nice silver plated domed screw which makes contact with that indentation (and the hidden serialisation):

[​IMG]

Disassembling the switch shows its parts:

[​IMG]

Using the Piccolo

I put a fresh IMR14500 into the Piccolo and fitted my eBaron Dripper Spiral:

[​IMG]

No surprise - it worked perfectly! The Piccolo has a VERY short button throw of 0.3mm and takes the merest touch to activate.

I then fitted my GP Spheroid (v2) - they WERE made to go together so no surprise here either:

[​IMG]

The Piccolo is a nicely short mod, shorter than my Super T Precise Simplicity 14500 shown next to it here:

[​IMG]

Conclusion?

This mod is well made, well thought out and works splendidly - I am very pleased with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.