ProTank 2 mini issue/questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCWDragon

Verified Member
Sep 21, 2013
Portland, OR, USA
So got my first Protank 2 mini last night, yay! Let my start by saying I love the way this thing vapes!
That said I have a couple of concerns/questions on it. First my rig:
SmokTech SiD w/efest 2000mah battery
Mt Baker Menthol ejuice 50/50 6mg
ProTank 2 Mini 2.7ohm (supposed to be 2.5!)
Issues:
1. I was vaping at 10 watts on my Vivi Nova but with this if I dare to go above 6 it starts to taste burnt (may be juicse or ohms?) But at low watts its a very cool vape. By no means an expert but would like to know why/how to fix =)
2. This may be user error but.. if I dont put the atty in just right after a refil then it doesn't connect to the center pin on the SiD so won't fire. its a tad annoying and not sure if its due to the Protank bottom being too deep or the SiD center pin being to far down. Any soulutions to this?
Thanks in advance!

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
Someone with more experience can answer better but for my two cents as long as I was strolling by...

1. The Vivi Nova is (I believe) a top coil tank (atty at top by drip tip). So it's going to be a warmer vape as the vapor has less distance to travel from the coil before entering your mouth. The PT2 is a bottom coil tank (atty at bottom by mod), so it's going to be a cooler vape.

2. The head in the Vivi Nova might be higher ohms so that the "sweet spot" is at 10w, whereas the 2.7ohm atty on the PT2 requires less power to hit the same sweet spot. Less power is better anyway in that it saves battery life. But bottom line is, find the sweet spot where you taste the juice but it isn't burned.

Sounds to me like you are just used to (and maybe prefer) a warmer vape, so you are bumping up the power looking for the warmth, then the juice gets burned. I am afraid you need a top coil device to achieve a warm vape that doesn't burn the juice. The bottom coil tanks may not be for you.

3. Sometimes the center pins in the mods get depressed and if you gently lift them with a dental tool or the like, they will make better contact. Another option is getting an air flow controller (AFC) which will screw on to the mod, then the device screws into the AFC. Tank Air Flow ControllerAn AFC won't depress your mod's pin too much, whereas some people try to fix this problem by using a 510/510 adapter, but in some cases there have been complaints that the adapter pushed their mod pin in too far. They sell the AFCs many places but are often out of stock. It might be cheaper somewhere else but I got mine here b/c everyone else was out, though that was some weeks back....

Last edited:

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I have the Innokin VV V-3 which I use with my Mini ProTank 2's. I have been using the 2.2 and 2.5 ohm coils. It comes with 2 (2.5 ohm) coils. The wattage which works best for me is between 8-9 and I'm still able to get a warmish vape out of it. If you tighten down the PT 2 Mini it will push the center pin down, and if you change tanks it may not connect the next time.

BCWDragon

Verified Member
Sep 21, 2013
Portland, OR, USA
Thanks all. Found out part of it was user error, wont go into how other then I is a noob.:p Changed the atty to a 1.9 ohm and now can do watts of 8. (think part of the watt thing is the new MBV juice) Much better vape now with a much better throat hit. Still not as warm as the iClear 30/Nova but love the BCC and build quality of the Protank so worth the trade off IMO.

AhhCheew

Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
Jersey City, NJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread