Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane Bappe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Cozad, Nebraska, United States
I've tried two different cinnamons from two different shops in my ProTanks.. after about 10 minutes it all tastes like a horrible nasty metallic flavor. I've searched and haven't found out anything about that happening to others in ProTanks. The first one I chalked up to a bad batch of juice but then a month later I got brave and tried this other cinnamon and the exact same experience?

Anyone have any ideas? I can not figure it out. I'm still in denial that it could be my ProTanks since no one else has had the issue.

Screamin Eagle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Maryland
Okay, I'm no expert in this field so take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt.

A few hours ago my wife and I were in the car. I was enjoying a vape on my mini Davide (an all metal and glass clearo). She desided that she wanted a taste. I was vaping a light peach flavor juice (no nicotine). She too had vape and said that it tasted a little metallic.

When I first got my mini Davide it tasted a little metallic to me as well because the drip tip is all metal, but I guess I got use to it.

Anywho, to my point. There are some flavors that will excite your taste buds and make them sensative. Maybe the cinnimon is one of those flavors. Maybe the flavor is making your taste buds go into overdrive and making you taste the metal tip.

If you have ProTank2s try changing the tips to glass or even plastic for a short time just to see if it helps.

That's about the only thing I can think of other then the cinnimon braking the metal down. But I can't see it doing that and still having people vape it. But again, I'm no expert.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hi Shane.

1. Have you ever vaped any cinnamon juice in any other topper? Do you own a carto or a clearo with a plastic mouthpiece? If so, try it and see what happens.

2. Have you washed your ProTank before your first use? For some reason, many ProTanks come reeking of some kind of Chinese WD-40. I had one of those--it was nasty. I almost gave up, blaming the tank, but luckily someone suggested a good wash in warm water and a little dishwashing eliquid--it made all the difference in the world.

3. Cinnamon is a known lung and mucous membrane irritant. I can't vape anything with cinnamon. You just may be one of those people.

Let us know and good luck!

Last edited:
I too tried a cinnamon flavour, and oh my goodness it was DISGUSTING!!!! It tasted like freezing from the dentist! I quickly dumped that juice and refilled my pro tank mini, well mistake I never washed it out first and I ended up wasting that juice too! the cinnamon just lingered long and hard! Gross I am now scared of cinnamon :(

Shane Bappe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Hi Shane.

1. Have you ever vaped any cinnamon juice in any other topper? Do you own a carto or a clearo with a plastic mouthpiece? If so, try it and see what happens.

2. Have you washed your ProTank before your first use? For some reason, many ProTanks come reeking of some kind of Chinese WD-40. I had one of those--it was nasty. I almost gave up, blaming the tank, but luckily someone suggested a good wash in warm water and a little dishwashing eliquid--it made all the difference in the world.

3. Cinnamon is a known lung and mucous membrane irritant. I can't vape anything with cinnamon. You just may be one of those people.

Let us know and good luck!

My ProTank had been washed and I do own some clearos but haven't tried them yet because of the risk of cracking. I think I'm going to pick a couple cheap ones up tomorrow to try though.

I too tried a cinnamon flavour, and oh my goodness it was DISGUSTING!!!! It tasted like freezing from the dentist! I quickly dumped that juice and refilled my pro tank mini, well mistake I never washed it out first and I ended up wasting that juice too! the cinnamon just lingered long and hard! Gross I am now scared of cinnamon

Soak your tank in vodka for a while and replace the coil and you'll save your tank =) You'll likely be able to smell the cinnamon still but fill it up and the flavor isn't there and the smell goes away quickly.

I really want to figure this out so I can give others advice on how to successfully vape it. I am just now getting into RDA's evan, that's what my thought is, is that it may be primarily an RDA vape.

Last edited:

Shane Bappe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
I'm currently vaping Hot Cinnamon from Vermillion River in my Protank 2 with a titanium drip tip and no metallic taste at all. Just pure red hots or Hot Tamales.

I don't know if that helps or not.

It does because I have really been thinking its my juice.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
It does because I have really been thinking its my juice.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

It's definitely my go-to right now. Just ordered and received another, larger bottle...lol

They ship fast, too.

Make sure your tank, coil, wick, etc. whatever is clean before using it so you can rule out anything else. Also, if you have a variable battery start at a low voltage and work your way up to where it tastes right. It's possible to overheat the juice in some cases and can make it taste not as good.

Shane Bappe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
It's definitely my go-to right now. Just ordered and received another, larger bottle...lol

They ship fast, too.

Make sure your tank, coil, wick, etc. whatever is clean before using it so you can rule out anything else. Also, if you have a variable battery start at a low voltage and work your way up to where it tastes right. It's possible to overheat the juice in some cases and can make it taste not as good.

Are you getting yours online or at a shop? If it's online, where at? I may order some to see if I can eliminate the juice. I even tried tripping it but the one has milded down after several days of steeping. I think it's the freshly added nicotine in it possibly? Needs some time to settle down.. still not sure though haha.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
Are you getting yours online or at a shop? If it's online, where at? I may order some to see if I can eliminate the juice. I even tried tripping it but the one has milded down after several days of steeping. I think it's the freshly added nicotine in it possibly? Needs some time to settle down.. still not sure though haha.

I get it online. The first bottle was absolutely perfect but I think the second one could use a little steeping before it reaches perfection although it's perfectly serviceable as it is albeit not as rich and sweet.

I don't want to link it because I'm not sure how the site feels about that but you can type Vermillion River into Google and it will come right up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread