Protank II help me stop pulling my hair

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there are 2 things that happen when I use my protank. It floods or burns.......
I have around 5 EVODs that work flawlessly.

Ive tried turning over the rubber washer. Removing wicks adding wicks.
I have rebuilt my the coils

The last one i tried i rebuilt and worked great in one of my EVODs so I swapped it out to the protank and flooded after a few hours bad.

I had a 5 pack of replacments that were the 2.2oms and used them at the same voltage or wattage i used in my EVODs and I get a burnt taste.

Did i get a dud?? It woked great for a week but then it all went downhill.

zahzoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2013
AR, USA
www.myretrolounge.com
Did you try standing facing due South on just your left foot with your hat on backwards?

Given what you said you tried... that's about your last resort!! ;)

Flooding means you're getting too much juice in the heating chamber... burnt taste either not enough juice or too high of voltage.

When flooding... if you've got a spare rubber gasket, place one normally facing downward and then add another facing upward. Could be that center tube isn't aligned or has some sort of uneven seating surface.

I use mostly 100% VG juice which tends to be thicker... plus I like coffee flavors which tend to be dark and gunk up coils quick leading to burnt taste. One thing I found with the thicker juice is when I add the flavor wick... I let the ends stick out about a quarter of an inch rather than almost flush to an eighth of an inch exposed... this tends to help it wick better. I also fluff the end of the wick a bit by gently pushing them together with a slight twisting motion... kinda looks like 2 micro bunny tails when I'm done.

One other thing might be to play with your air flow... plug one of the flow holes if it draws loosely or take a drill bit and enlarge it slightly if it draws tight.

If it's new... see if you can get a warranty return on it. Could just be a built on Monday model.

Last edited:

Steam Turbine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Montreal Quebec Canada
My protank will flood like hell on my provari if I screw it down all the way in... But not on my Vamo.

The Provari doesn't allow enough air through which basically turns the Protank into a straw. I don't know what kind of device you use with your protank but you might have the same kind of problem. Loosen the protank to allow more airflow and see what that does.

Rav_Bunneh

Aug 1, 2013
Oahu, Hawaii
I vape a 100% vg with two wicks (one in coil one on top) -- and it is just fine with no flooding or burning. I'm using an MVP which I've "set it and forget it" at 8 watts. I have used both the 1.8Ω and 2.5Ω coils.

I did put in a really thin mostly PG juice and two wicks was pushing it. It'd sometimes get a little flooded and I should have put the 3rd wick back in.

Hope this helps in some way. =:3

crexor

Oct 30, 2013
Orlando, FL
What kind of juice are you using? What mod? Also, maybe try one of the heads you're getting a burnt taste with in your evod, see if it's the same issue, although the only factory built head issue I've had is either different resistance than stamped or shorted. With the protank I also like to let it sit coil side down for a few minutes before vaping, as well as priming the wick. I must just be really lucky because I have never had any issues with any of my protanks or any of the heads I've rebuilt with cotton or ekowool.

Dconnor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
Las Vegas
I believe a lot of the leaking issues on these come from air flow problems. I drilled out both my Evod heads and Protanks. Once I did that all my leaking problems disappeared. I have found if I increase the airflow they work much better for me. More vapor and no leaks.

Everyone draws at a different strength (not sure if this is right term). To use an analogy from fans, if I draw at 100 cfm and you draw at 50 cfm, I am creating twice the vacuum pressure you are. If we have the same air flows do use the same voltage, I will be much more likely to leak.

Once I started looking at the clearo's in this way, my experience with them got much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread