Protank not working right anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenblobo9

Oct 12, 2013
Sylva
1) Always fill your tank up nearly full.
2) If you get occasional flooding, take your tank off of your PV, and shake out the excess juice thermometer style out through the drip tip.
3) Refill when around 3/4 empty.

These three things, assuming everything is correctly screwed together correctly and airtight will fix flooding and gurgling without fail.

The gurgling is gone and it is producing enough vapor, battery is charged it's been refilled and cleaned and the taste continues. just a slightly burnt taste

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
The gurgling is gone and it is producing enough vapor, battery is charged it's been refilled and cleaned and the taste continues. just a slightly burnt taste

Could always re-wick it with cotton or hemp. So don't throw the heads away!

If your not into rebuilding just yet, try some ARO heads. They will fit in the Protank, and I find the wicks to be better made than the Kanger heads.

greenblobo9

Oct 12, 2013
Sylva
Could always re-wick it with cotton or hemp. So don't throw the heads away!

If your not into rebuilding just yet, try some ARO heads. They will fit in the Protank, and I find the wicks to be better made than the Kanger heads.

I want to get into rebuilding! It's a little over my head just yet but when ebay finally releases my money I'll probably order some cotton wicks. What my protank is doing right now is letting me vape for a short amount of time wonderfully then it gets that metallic taste, then i leave it alone, then its fine then it comes back. It isn't flooding because I cleaned it good and it's not gurgling anymore.

greenblobo9

Oct 12, 2013
Sylva
The heads just really don't last all that long. You can't just vape on them for weeks at a time. I generally either rewick or recoil the thing every single day to stay in happy vaping. Also, go to cotton.

Can I use household cotton? And is it necessary to recoil or can I JUST replace the wicks with cotton?

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
Well the 1.8 ohm coil is less forgiving to a poor wicking, so sort off. The underlying problem is still probably that the coil is not quite getting enough juice.

And yes, you can use household cotton. Q-tip, etc. Just be sure it's actually cotton. And you can use the stock coil if you want to.

Here's a some threads that are helpful:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-micro-coil-build-aro-evod-protank-heads.html
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tips-tricks/463771-protank-cotton-rebuild-way-i-do.html
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/atomizer-mods/378875-just-hemp.html

greenblobo9

Oct 12, 2013
Sylva
Thank you for all your responses! I just got my ego twist in the mail and so far I have absolutely no problems with flavor being muted (same coil as when I made this post). Does it matter what volt I run or is it just a matter of taste? Right now I'm using a 1.8ohm head with 4.1 volts. That is perfect for me but does the high volts run a risk of damaging my coil early? My old ego battery must have just been crap

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
Thank you for all your responses! I just got my ego twist in the mail and so far I have absolutely no problems with flavor being muted (same coil as when I made this post). Does it matter what volt I run or is it just a matter of taste? Right now I'm using a 1.8ohm head with 4.1 volts. That is perfect for me but does the high volts run a risk of damaging my coil early? My old ego battery must have just been crap

You volt to taste, otherwise you're just wasting your time, really.

Who needs the frustration? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread