Status
Not open for further replies.

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA
I feel so ignorant with all this new stuff! This may be a really dumb question but it is driving me crazy not being able to figure it out so I am going to ask...

There is a silver ring --rather wide in the box that I do not know where to use. It is not included in the instructions on the back of the box. What is it for?? :unsure:

Last edited:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
That's the doohickie for your whatnot. It's a "beauty ring" to cover the threads on an eGo connection, if that's how your battery rolls. It also provides some extra support to the base of the ProTank should you do that thing none of us ever do - and drop it.

If you are using a PV with a plain 510 (non eGo) connector the beauty ring just stays in the box.

Choc_Addic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
Caldicote tunnel
protank_zpsbf5c61d5.jpg

jow350

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Pennsylvania, USA
How is it that SOME folks get the "beauty ring" WITH the Protank...and others - like me!! - had to order it separately??
My Kanger-branded Protank 2 did NOT come with the ring...Are they now supplying it??
Or....is the ring only supplied by various Protank "knock-off" vendors???

All my ProTank V1s came with it, all the ProTank V2s I received didn't, but some folks on the forum reported that their V2s came with it, so I guess KangerTech ships 2 different packages...

Last edited:

rasmith1959

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Guthrie, OK
How is it that SOME folks get the "beauty ring" WITH the Protank...and others - like me!! - had to order it separately??
My Kanger-branded Protank 2 did NOT come with the ring...Are they now supplying it??
Or....is the ring only supplied by various Protank "knock-off" vendors???

No the original ProTank came with it, the ProTank 2 did not.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk 4.

OzarkTroutBum

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2013
Ozarks
It just all makes so much sense when you get the answer! Thanks every one mystery solved and I especially appreciated the picture!!

I really do appreciate the quick responses on this forum :)

I pulled mine out and dropped it on fat end down and thought this is stupid, must not work with a T style eGo because the button is right below the threads and put it back in the box.

2 hours later as I was puffing away it suddenly dawned on me..... DOH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread