The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Protect ProVari thread. help please

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by j3suss, Sep 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. j3suss

j3suss Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2012
    N/A
    Hello,

I'm worried because my old ProVari, the positive is very low and it is because I have compared my new ProVari.
    I have seen that to protect the thread on my new ProVari there are two solutions:
    -The hippo:

hqdefault.jpg

- Thread ego:

[​IMG]
    The first option is an option for me face, because with shipping cost me enough money, and the second option is very ugly for ProVari.

Do you know any solution to protect the thread?

Thank you.

2. JimzDogz

JimzDogz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've never had a problem damaging threads on my Provari's , but I do use the Hippo on one of them. I like the way it looks with larger atty's. The Hippo is well built, sturdy, but a bit pricey.

3. Thunderball

Thunderball Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2013
    Grayson, Georgia
    Hmmm.. No threading problem here. I didnt know that it was a concern.

4. Tommy Aces

Tommy Aces Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 28, 2013
    Connecticut
    The ProVari probably has one of the strongest 510 connections/threading and the sturdiest positive posts that exists.

Damaging it shouldn't be an issue.

5. pesky_human

pesky_human Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 2, 2011
    Greeley, CO
    I have banged a tank so hard that it sheared the threads off of a carto. The Provari threads are bulletproof.

6. kas122461

kas122461 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    I agree with what everyone here is saying about, the threads on the provari being the best, but if you are still worried about it, try one of these air flow controllers, protects your threads, controls air and cheep. They are out of stock here but you get the idea.

Tank Airflow Controller

7. stevegmu

stevegmu Moved On ECF Veteran

I don't think the mild mystery metal used in most devices which connect to a ProVari would even be able to damage the stainless threading of a Provari, would they?

The OP is comparing an older ProVari with a new one. Is there a physical difference between the 2?

8. The Ocelot

The Ocelot Psychopomp Verified Member ECF Veteran

I discovered that the connector on my 2.5 mini is a teeny, tiny bit higher than my 2.0. There is no difference in performance, but I have to use one more layer of airflow restriction when I use a Protank on it. I'm not the only member who has noticed this. I don't think I would have seen it if I wasn't vaping them back to back with the same tank.

9. j3suss

j3suss Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2012
    N/A
    Hello!

I have a v2 and ProVari ProVari 2.5 and same thing happens to you. When I put the KFL in v2, with the ring, I have to pull over to make contact and I wondered the same thing. By this, I thought the time ProVari with its thread going in and lower.

Anyone else happens?

you can see that in the ProVari 2.5 if there is empty space between the kayfun and ring, and in my old v2 no space either, is older so I wondered positive quality ...

Attached Files:

10. The Ocelot

The Ocelot Psychopomp Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm not using anything as flush with the top cap as you are, so it's not as noticeable, but I think that's about the same height difference mine have.

Baditude has also mentioned that his 2.0 and 2.5 connectors aren't quite the same height.

11. williebb123

williebb123 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

provari has a very tough thread if it is damaged it shouldnt cost very much to get it replaced , i just had a v1 upgraded to a v2 and was only 20 bucks including shipping

12. Jo Patterson

Jo Patterson Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2013
    Reno, Nevada
    If you get the 2nd option you can add on one of these ... they are both pretty cheap at FT -

https://www.fasttech.com/p/1326405

The 510/ego adapter :
    https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10003955/1284600-510egoego-tego-cce4ce5-e-cigarette-atomizer-conver

13. Technonut

Technonut Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    East Coast, USA
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.