Protege Mechanical Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

foebea

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
ohio
When you guys talk about break in periods on the button and the hard push.. want to make sure im on the right track. Currently if i press the button as far as it will go it does not work. If i push it further than it will go :D it fires as normal. 'm I doin it right? I'm hoping that the push will get easier, to where I can just press the button without excessive force to use the protege.

If I unscrew the adapter fully around one and a half times it fires effortlessly. Is that just where I should keep it, or should it eventually accept a full screw?

Last edited:

boomboom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2009
Alberta, Canada
When you guys talk about break in periods on the button and the hard push.. want to make sure im on the right track. Currently if i press the button as far as it will go it does not work. If i push it further than it will go :D it fires as normal. 'm I doin it right? I'm hoping that the push will get easier, to where I can just press the button without excessive force to use the protege.

If I unscrew the adapter fully around one and a half times it fires effortlessly. Is that just where I should keep it, or should it eventually accept a full screw?

I'm in the same situation and would like to know as well. My thumb and fingers are hurtin' bad!!!

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA

I'm in the same situation and would like to know as well. My thumb and fingers are hurtin' bad!!!

Hey Guys! hard for me to say!

With the mechanical switch - The adapter is used to align it. So if you need to adjust the adapter to get it perfect, you should be fine. The adapter won't spin itself off!

If you guys have backup devices, I am more than willing to take a look at them for you to see if I can help resolve the issue. I have quite a few resources here, and I can mix and match some things :)

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I lost the oem switch on the protege today - ticket submitted - and the two mechanical switches I got with the usb extension didn't work. I saw mention that there's 'long' switches available so I'm guessing that will be part of the solution on them.... but I also saw mention of a workaround until I get them - can someone point to that post/thread. Thanks.

foebea

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
ohio
If you guys have backup devices, I am more than willing to take a look at them for you to see if I can help resolve the issue.

I've been working at it for the past 30 minutes, but no matter what I try i have been unable to get the protege to leave my hand.

On the prodigy with the mech it closes fully and the switch doesnt wiggle. I'll give it a week, if I'm not able to get it to seat neatly I will send it in for expert tweaking.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I lost the oem switch on the protege today - ticket submitted - and the two mechanical switches I got with the usb extension didn't work. I saw mention that there's 'long' switches available so I'm guessing that will be part of the solution on them.... but I also saw mention of a workaround until I get them - can someone point to that post/thread. Thanks.

Anyone? What's the workaround until you get the 'long button' for the mechanical switch? I'm going on vacation in a few weeks and would like to take the protege along, rather than send it in right now and not get it back.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Kent -- When are you leaving bud? If you can get it shot to us via Priority before the weekend or on Saturday, good chance we will have it Monday and it can go right back out so you can have it by the end of next week! There really is no good workaround Kent! Best if I take a look at and resolve once and for all :)

Steve,

Leaving at the end of this month. I found the one that was mentioned here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...fix-protege-mechanical-switch.html#post880850

But I'll get it in the mail to you tomorrow.

Thanks,
Kent C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread