Status
Not open for further replies.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Welcome to Halo nation and Congrats! I have about 35 Halo reg sized tanks, some as long as the day I first started vaping (see banner) and have never had to throw away ONE tank...I've been lucky that not one has leaked, cracked, broke..nothing.

Now I've thrown a ton of mini tanks away and don't use those anymore. I personally don't care for them but they are great for testing flavors if you like minis.

As far as cleaning (and why I think my tanks and coils last a long time), I clean my tanks once a week if they need them. For me, that means either empty or near empty or the flavor is getting funky. I simply fill my sink with HOT water and also take everything apart and rinse the parts and then just drop in the the sink of hot water. I swish the stuff around a bit and gentle squeeze the wicks a couple of time.

I let soak for 30-40 mins, adding more hot water occasionally. Then rinse everything in cold water and dry on a paper towel. I wouldn't suggest using rubbing alcohol at all. Maybe vodka if a coil has a lingering smell. If a coil has a char/burnt mark, that coil is toast.

As far as an "upgrade" from a 650 batt, unless you just got for the Triton VV, you are not really upgrading, just getting longer batt time. Example, Triton 650 batt to a 1300 is not an upgrade. It just a bigger batt with longer batt life. 650 to a VV is an upgrade. I would go with the VV.

SamNapolitanke

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
Tempe, AZ
Welcome and congrats!!!!

Here's my .02:

Buy some mini tanks to try out new flavors. if you are anything like me you are going to buy a ton of sample juices. It's not worth the hassle to clean the big tanks and wicks.

Buy some spare big tanks, they are cheap, just keep em in a drawer somewhere.

When you get the urge to upgrade buy a VV battery from Halo, I just received mine yesterday and im loving it so far. I cant speak for battery life because this is my first day using them.

Welcome!!!

Oh, and +1 on the Tribeca, that's my favorite.

weskeene

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Quincy, IL
Thanks for those ideas. I don't know how much sampling I will really do, but yeah, some mini tanks are the onlu way to go for that, it seems.

In terms of power output (mah), I wonder how the Triton VV compares to the 650 . I need to go do some homework.

Has anyone tried JC liquid in a Triton? Is it stellar with other liquids, too?

Wes

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH
Thanks for those ideas. I don't know how much sampling I will really do, but yeah, some mini tanks are the onlu way to go for that, it seems.

In terms of power output (mah), I wonder how the Triton VV compares to the 650 . I need to go do some homework.

Has anyone tried JC liquid in a Triton? Is it stellar with other liquids, too?

Wes

I like the JC flavors, but I will say they tend to be darker/ thicker which clogs coils faster. So plan on washing those tanks more often

Sent from my IdeaTabA1000L-F using Tapatalk

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
Smokeless Image sells a whole line of tanks compatible with our Triton, but honestly, I wouldn't bother, unless you're looking for a colder or muted vape. Nothing beats the price and performance of these Triton tanks (aka Kanger T2), IMO.

In the future, you might consider a VV. I use SI's 1'300 mAh manual VV. It's a really *big* battery, but it works.

SamNapolitanke

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
Tempe, AZ
Smokeless Image sells a whole line of tanks compatible with our Triton, but honestly, I wouldn't bother, unless you're looking for a colder or muted vape. Nothing beats the price and performance of these Triton tanks (aka Kanger T2), IMO.

In the future, you might consider a VV. I use SI's 1'300 mAh manual VV. It's a really *big* battery, but it works.

hey big ben have you tried the SI tanks? im curious about the bottom coil deal but my triton tanks are flawless so far.
should I even bother?

SamNapolitanke

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
Tempe, AZ
My hubby loves their bottom coil t3 tanks. I personally feel like it's way too airy and cool, and they leak too easy but he thinks they're the best thing ever. I think a lot of it is just personal preference as in anything vaping

Sent from my IdeaTabA1000L-F using Tapatalk

hmmm... I don't like airy and cool. quite the opposite.

weskeene

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Quincy, IL
I realize I am a total new guy, but I think the draw on the Triton is just about perfect out of the box. It has tons of vapor, is a little warm and is a good enough hit.

My older ego knockoff provided too much hit, and not enough vapor. So for me, I think this is pretty much the sweet spot.

Although it might be fun to produce giant cumulo-nimbus clouds, for a little while. Fulltime I don't think it would be too practical for me.

Wes

SamNapolitanke

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
Tempe, AZ
I realize I am a total new guy, but I think the draw on the Triton is just about perfect out of the box. It has tons of vapor, is a little warm and is a good enough hit.

My older ego knockoff provided too much hit, and not enough vapor. So for me, I think this is pretty much the sweet spot.

Although it might be fun to produce giant cumulo-nimbus clouds, for a little while. Fulltime I don't think it would be too practical for me.

Wes

I agree! I love my triton tanks, im just curious about bottom coil. I went to a b&m and the guy let me try his evic with a bottom coil tank to show me how much better than my triton it was. NOT... if I had started with that setup I would have stopped on the way back to get a pack of smokes :lol:

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Ya, me too. I love blowing some vapor clouds but the sub ohm, fill the room with clouds is too much, IMO. I guess to me, as long as I'm not wanting to pick up a cig, I get some TH and a smack of flavor, I'm a happy gal!

EDIT I agree with the bottom coil thing. I need warm vape and top coils do that better! Some peeps like the cool vape, I prefer warm!

Fenris4024

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Lubbock, TX
I originally started with SI... well, tbh, it was the V2 cig-alikes (which are 808d as well, but meh. Though, the Sahara liquid they have is mighty tasty...), I PIF'd the V2's to my bro and got him started vaping, so it wasn't a total loss in the least, and went over to SI The batteries are solid, but the BCC (Bottom coil clearos) are just too cold of a vape for me. Anyhow... on to the meat and taters of the post.

I went from the 808d (the connection that SI, Halo, V2 and some other brands use), bought a Vamo, and while I enjoyed the increase in power, I hated the daily ritual of changing/ fiddling/ charging/ etc. Used it for months (and still do, tbh), I am also the proud owner of a REO grand, but that was an expensive purchase that I treated myself to at my 6 month mark. I still use the REO for liquids that might otherwise melt a clearo (such as citrus or cinnamon)

We went to Hawai'i for Christmas, and in the interest of helping another smoker get off the nails, I ordered the triton kit, some spare triton tanks, some mini tanks and a triton VV. Sadly, my GF's dad wasn't interested in trying the setup, since he had tried a brand (I think it was safecig? maybe? All I know is they don't make them anymore) and it seemed to give him serious troubles, from the usual anemic pathetic amount of vapor and flavor you get from the "earlier" versions of the cig-alikes. He also, at the time experienced some manner of horrible weakness in his legs, to the point he could barely walk. I've never heard of vaping causing this reaction, but needless to say, he didn't want to go through all that again (If anyone has ever heard of this as a reaction, let me know, please?)

So, long story short, I have a fully kitted out Triton system and a triton VV. I tested them prior to taking them with us on vacation, and between teh tritons and the tanks, it was the most hassle free time I've EVER had while vaping. I used them while I was there (I had the Vamo as well with me, but I think I only got it out to show her dad. (The REO, sadly, stayed home since I didn't want TSA thinking it was a detonator lol! It does kinda look like one after all, and the last thing I wanted was to have it confiscated!) The Tritons perform flawlessly, and the tanks for them I've found are just simply some of the best clearos for flavor and overall awesomeness. The coils are easy to clean, and certainly less fiddly than things like a protank. I also realized one of the things I loved about flavors in the REO that I wasn't getting from the standard bottom coil clearos (t3, and stuff like a protank) was the flavor was faaaaaaaar superior. I get almost the same exact strong flavors from a t2 (triton tank).

The tanks are really hard to mess up (unless you drop them hard, or put in liquids that are known to crack/melt/etch tanks). The coils, really easy to maintain, and if you get one that's just plain gone, well, for less than a pack of nails, you can pop in a new coil and be right back in business for another month or so. (Dark juices will gunk wicks faster though)

Glad you're with us, and welcome to the Halo Nation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread