Not open for further replies.

Vape360

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2009
Monroe, WA
www.ProVape.com
JonnyVapΣ;5299017 said:
Oh look....someone posted in this old thread. That reminds me....I should write up my review now.....well over a year later.
Here goes;
Um.....it's awesome.
I don't even come to ECF anymore because of it...LOL.
The end.

Nice!
Shortest review I've seen, but still powerful :banana:

JonnyVapΣ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2010
Rochester NY
Nice!
Shortest review I've seen, but still powerful :banana:

LOL....it's true. Like so many others I came to ECF searching for something better. Doesn't get much better. Search is over.
Unless, of course, you make one in a light alloy. My pockets are the only things that don't like my ProVari.
On the other hand, it did come in handy as a hammer when the window motor on my Park Avenue got stuck...

NGRAY951

Aug 4, 2011
Temecula, CA
So, my provari broke for the second time (both my fault). I have to say that Provape has the best customer service I've had the pleasure of dealing with. First was under warranty and the second was not. Both times they got my provari back to be in some seriously fast times. I had to come on here and write a review simply because there customer service is so awesome. I don't think i'll every buy another ecig again from another company. A++ to Provape.:)

Rabdaddy

Jul 16, 2012
Flushing, NY
Got my Provari a couple of weeks ago. It's a terrific vaping mod, no doubt.
Because of my vaping technique, I too often trigger the menu, sometimes changing a parameter.

The details: I'm a 0% nic vaper. In order to get a satisfying vape, I found using 4.0 - 4.5 cartos @ high voltages (5.5 - 6.0) and short puffs hits the spot. I often puff rapidly, 5x's, each in under 2 seconds. This, of course, triggers the menu system.
The Provari stops firing and I must either wait to return to vaping state and/or correct back to my preferred settings.
I gotta admit, this is more than a wrinkle in my enjoyment of the device.
I know I can (must) change my routine but don't really want to.

So, there you have it, a surprising glitch with my beloved Provari.

Last edited:

harmudge

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2012
London U.K
In a nutshell..."Fantastic".

I am a very new vaper having only been vaping for a total of about two weeks in total but this Provari V2 is fantastic.

Originally I was using an Ego C which was o.k but I found the vape and throat hit a little hit and miss...but at that time I thought...that's just how it was.
Then after only 10 days both of the Ego battery's gave up the ghost and would not take a charge...I was mightily peeved, so I sent it back to the supplier here in the U.K and got a refund.

Then the quest began.
I was researching and researching and originally I thought the cost of the Provari was way too much for me...then I came to conclusion after reading many good reviews, that if I wanted a decent piece of kit..that is the price you have to pay.
So I placed my order at Provape for the Provari V2, the ordering was easy and very straightforward and as I was very eager to receive my next PV, as I was back on the analogues at this time.
So I sent Provape a message asking them if they could ship it to me in the U.K a.s.a.p explaining my situation.
Within an hour or so I received an answer back from them stating that they will do everything they possibly can...my Provari was despatched the next day...woohoo.

Then it was in the hands of the USPS...U.K Customs and then the U.K Post Office...with customs slowing the process down...

So I received my unit and what a thing of beauty it is too.
Very well made and sturdy...I think this thing will last forever...lol.

So my first day with the unit and it was mis-firing here and there..."oh, no"...I'm thinking, I can't send this thing back...so I look at Provapes trouble shooting guide and it tells me I may need to clean the terminals with Iso Alcohol...next day after work I'm shopping for this Iso Alcohol...I get home and do as Provape say...a little later I'm still having the problem of mis-firing here and there...so I drop Provape a message informing them of the problem...once again, within an hour or so Provape are responding to my message.
It turns out that more than likely it is me at fault and not the unit...lol...and they may be right, because this thing has fired like a dream today with no problems.
You get a great throat hit and clouds of vapour which is also associated with the carto and juice but the Provari has the power to make it so.

So if your looking for a VV APV look no further than the Provapes, Provari V2 with a 1 yr warranty and great customer service you can't go wrong.

Barto

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2011
Kapetown
A Provari is a fine example of an American Company that is doing it right!
glare.gif
Fully agreed to this!

Johnnysb

Moved On
Sep 25, 2013
San Jose, CA
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Linkspammer

DougFNJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
New Jersey
Just a quick background. I was a pack and a half smoker for 25 years. A few years ago, I was listening to a radio show, and one of the staff was using an Electronic Cigarette. He said he completely quit smoking using it. He was advertising them, I called the 800# and ordered it, unfortunately it was a waste of money. It leaked, the battery lasted an hour, and it was very expensive.

Last year, my cousin turned me onto Eon Smoke. It wasn't bad, but I smoked analogs during the day, and used the Eon at home at night....not the ideal solution. My cousin opened a Smoke Shop a few months ago and introduced me to an EVO style battery. I purchased a starter kit and really liked the throat hit, I felt like this might be the thing that could get me off the real cigarettes. Unfortunately, the battery got weaker as the day progressed, although I drastically cut down my smoking....I was still smoking. My cousin started telling me about Variable Voltage and showed me an Evic, and more research ensued.

I looked up reviews, and numerous times fell upon this site. The Evic regularly got compared to the Lavatube and Provari. There seemed to had been mixed reviews on every product except the Provari. Every review was positive, everyone complimented the support, and this company that backed their product.

It was the priciest option, so I felt if I was going to purchase this device, I need to commit to quitting analogs for good. So I looked up local dealers, and the closest one was a little over an hour. I work on the road 100% of the time, so I made sure I was going to be in that area the next day. My choice was the Black Satin Mini. Unfortunately he only had 2 Minis, Blue and Pink, and he had a full size Satin Black with blue LED. My impatience had me purchase it on the spot, I purchased an extra battery, charger, some juice, and a Protank, and off I went.

I took a break and read through the online manual on my iPhone, and I found the Provari extremely easy to learn. I set my voltage too high, then too low, and found 4.2 to be the best setting for me. Unlike the the EVO, my Provari stayed consistent the entire rest of the day. And when I replaced the battery and drained that it continued to remain consistent. This was exactly what I was looking for. I also found the battery life got better after a couple cycles of the batteries, I easily get a day out of 1, and always keep the spare handy just in case.

The only buyers remorse I had was it was a little longer than I liked. For 2 weeks I was kind of wishing I had purchased the Mini. So I looked on Ebay to find the resell values on these Provari's, and found they maintain their value well. So I went to the site and ordered a Satin Black Mini with Green LED. I also purchased the extension cap for when battery life is necessary, and 3 small batteries to assure I never run out. 2 days later it arrived. Now I had the perfect Mod at the perfect size. It of course works the same exact way, and the battery life is not as bad as I thought it would be. So far the battery life has lasted me from 9 in the morning until night, if I vape heavier that day, I may have to swap the battery around 8PM. The Protanks have worked very well for me. I ended up putting the full size on Ebay Saturday night, it sold Sunday night, and my loss was minimal.

I am a gadget geek. The one thing I demand from the purchases I make is that they just work, and that has been the case with my Provari. I had finished the last of my cigarettes and kept with my commitment...no more. During the day while driving, I get the occasional urge, take a few hits off my Provari, and forget I even had an urge. The device is a life saver.

One other concern I had when I purchased this was the size and look. I didn't want to draw a lot of looks while smoking with this, yet knew I might, and ultimately felt the few reactions I might get are offset by the benefits of why I am doing it. The reactions I have received have been pleasantly surprising. Vaping has become widely known enough people instantly know it's an E-cigarette, and the only questions I get are from those that use the EVO and small cigarette styles looking for something better.

I am still new with Vaping, but I could not recommend the Provari more. There is a reason it is so highly rated, and I have found it to be exactly as advertised.

1vapeatatime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2012
Nevada
I just made my 5th Provari purchase and didn't get any points so I submitted a ticket and got a reply from brandy that was generic and rather patronizing. She told me all about how the rewards system works but didn't answer my question. I read all about the rewards system before I even submitted my request. I think she didn't read my whole email. I wasn't complaining. I just wanted to know why I hadn't been awarded points for my purchase. In the past they showed up as pending right after I placed my order.
Provape certainly has a good thing with their Provaris, but a little courtesy goes a long way.
I'll probably(not sure at this point) continue to buy Provaris but I'll not expect any more costumer perks from Brandy.

JonnyVapΣ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2010
Rochester NY
Oh boy. Has it really been 3 years already?
3 year review!
Still awesome.
Still don't research ECF for "something better".
If it were a car it would have a billion miles on it.
It is no longer pretty. (Unless you're like me and are into rat rods...I think it looks awesome!)
This poor thing has been dropped too many times to count and still keeps kickin'.
I've only worn shirts with pockets for the past 3 years because that's where my ProVari belongs. (Gotta learn to stop bending over...see above post)
~Zen; "You have one of 10 prototype ProVaries in existence and instead of preserving it you've used the crap out of it."
Me; "It's exactly what I want...why wouldn't I use it?!"
~Zen; "That's awesome!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread