Provari 3 battery life indicator inaccurate???

Status
Not open for further replies.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Authentic ones. Last of them anyways. I did try out new AW IMRs 18490s too but to no avail. The indicator fluctuates a lot and when empty, removing and replacing the bottom cap brings it back up to about 40%.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

What are the voltage readings of the battery, using a multimeter, when this occurs?

Jim

bimmer88

Oct 9, 2013
Sacramento
You my friend have a low IQ, er um, I mean your Provi has a low IQ.

What model of P3 do you have? Beta or Production unit?

Do you have the improved P3 battery cap with stronger spring?

Jim
It's a production unit. I'm just using the cap that came with it. Spring seems plenty strong...

Authentic vtc5? Or one of the many re wrapped lesser quality fake sony's.
Yep. Authentic...

wultan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2012
Singapore
The battery they recommend are AW IMRs.

And "you can now use flat top batteries" BUT not hybrid ones which is what the VTC5 and LG are, as they might affect trick the P3 and lastly "issue will be resolved by switching to a true IMR battery" i.e. AW.

So what is your take on their reply?

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Hey! Don't knock the vamo. I've had mine for a year and a half (v2). Hasn't failed me yet. Never had to clean the threads or contacts since day one. Still look squeaky clean to me. The provari on the other hand, requires weekly maintenance. :)

Each device will have its own quirks. I just try my best to live with them or overcome them.
Anyone knows why the threads and contacts on the provari get black carbon/gunk?? on them so quickly as compared to the vamo?

I owned a Vamo6 for 15minutes and it fell over on the coffee table and the board in it blew. Replaced it with a Provari.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
The battery they recommend are AW IMRs.

And "you can now use flat top batteries" BUT not hybrid ones which is what the VTC5 and LG are, as they might affect trick the P3 and lastly "issue will be resolved by switching to a true IMR battery" i.e. AW.

So what is your take on their reply?

Confusing and bogus. Will be interesting to see how this plays out with the newly purchased units going out soon.

:pop:

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
I found the same problem with the 2.5 model ..I would be driving and the light would blink ..i had no charger so unscrewed the base and re-attached and bam another 30 minutes of use...glad you posted this ,,I was wondering if that was fixed on the newer model ...guess not.
R.Cast

One thing I have noticed with my v2.5 Titanium model, is that it does not do this at all. When the LED blinks, it is dead. Unscrewing the cap and tightening it back up might get another half a puff. Was quite a shock considering my first 2x v2 Provari's were just as you describe.

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Confusing and bogus. Will be interesting to see how this plays out with the newly purchased units going out soon.

:pop:

Really? How so?

Batteries in any vaporizer need to have amperage flow. The Provi monitors this flow to ensure a safe and consistent vape.

If the battery has a protection circuit, or cannot deliver a constant amperage flow, the Provi senses it as a Dead or Dying Battery.

And again I say, How is this Bogus?

Jim

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
What's the voltage reading on the battery and what settings were you vaping at?

3.238 VDC Now, in its depleted state.

It is a new AW Battery 18490 1100 mha that has been vaped all day.

I have vaped it at about 6 watts today.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Really? How so?

Batteries in any vaporizer need to have amperage flow. The Provi monitors this flow to ensure a safe and consistent vape.

If the battery has a protection circuit, or cannot deliver a constant amperage flow, the Provi senses it as a Dead or Dying Battery.

And again I say, How is this Bogus?

Jim
Sony VTCs and other high discharge hybrids don't have protection circuits (such circuits would in fact negate the high discharge potential). It is a bs answer by Provape, sadly.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Lets not discount a BS Battery either...
Still, the answer from Provape was in response to a question explicitly naming Sony vtcs and LGs, and the answer gave bad information about hybrid batteries. I'm just disappointed that Provape gave such a bad answer as they surely know better. It seems obvious that there's something wrong with that particular P3, and everything I've heard about Provape and Provaries (is that the correct plural?) is that the customer service is second to none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread