Provari - About to pull the trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Harrison

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Waynesboro, TN.
I've been vaping for a few weeks. I started off with a couple of gas station ecig (21st Century) that lasted for about 10 puffs then needed recharging. I bought a 1000mah ego battery with usb pass-through with some Stardust Clearo's and got that in a couple of days ago. It's alright but I'm already wanting to purchase something better already. I am going to purchase a Provari VV v2 today but I just cant make up my mind on what color.
Do i get the satin, chrome, black or gold. Too many decisions to be made here, for myself. It's driving me nutty.:blink:

Satin - Looks alright
Chrome - looks like it would scratch up pretty easy
Black - I'm on the fence with this color. it would look good if the top and end-cap was plated in 24k
Gold - Well i really like it but I am affraid that the plating would wear out quickly.

What do you guys think?

Hottody

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Temcula CA
I like my Liquinator tank... although I just bought 5 tanks Smok Tech tanks from VaporBeast because they cost about 12 bucks a piece and they work well and look better than my $40 Liquinator tank! I have a Chrome Provari and the finish still looks great! The new Black finsih is also supposed to be really good! You can't go wrong with any finish, so just get what appeals to you most.
http://www.vaporbeast.com/Smok_Tech_Mini_Tank_Polished_p/a17.htm

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I just got the satin a few weeks ago and it's quite nice. All my other devices are black, and the problem for me is I tend to lose them ... set them down ... can't see them ... where is that damn thing ... I didn't care about the LED color, as I don't look at it that often. Also ordered a submarine tank from Mom & Pop's at the same time and really like it because it's so simple to refill without pulling the carto out. But based on my limited experience with a tank, they use up a carto faster than using them regularly, so get a bunch of Boges (Sure Vapes has 25 reg or XL cartos for $23 shipped ... awesome) and watch Bousardo's youtube video on using a rotary tool to cut a slot in them for tank use.

dchest02

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2012
    Muskegon, MI
    "But based on my limited experience with a tank, they use up a carto faster than using them regularly"

You must be running them too hot. I use LR Boges, and I use one carto every two weeks give or take a day. I have two J-tanks, and I absolutely love them. The only down side to the mini-sub or sub tanks from Mom and Pop is that after about a month on the mini-sub I had, the threads for the thumbscrew started to get worn and let air in flooding my carto.

Too hot? Could be. I don't recall exactly what voltage I had dialed in for the LRs (4.2-4.4?) that came with the sub, but the SRs seem to work better. Yeah, at some point the thumb screw is probably gonna be a problem, but I figure I'll just superglue the thing in and attempt to fill it like any other tank, which probably won't work (the sub seems a little difficult to manipulate in that regard...comes apart). May have to get a J-Tank.

Scott Harrison

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 26, 2012
    Waynesboro, TN.
    how long does it usually take to get them on average? I seen where they usually ship in 3-5 days. does that mean Monday or Tuesday for the next week? or do they usually come in quicker? I've got a lot of stuff coming from AVEJuice next week as well. Im thinking about ordering some of these:
    Smok-Tech-Dual-Coil-Mega-XXL-15-OHM-Cartomizer
    and these:
    Smok-Tech-Dual-Coil-Mega-XXL-15-OHM-Cartomizer-Black
    and see how they work out. I saw on Youtube and I think it was GrimGreen talking about how well they were.
    What do you guys think?
    I am most definately buying a few of the tanks from Phiniac. They look very well made and the dragonfly large tank is just purdy. :p

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread