Status
Not open for further replies.

YoureFired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
The Berserkshires, MA
Sheesh, I just had a long, detailed post written out and after I posted it the notice to log in came up. Back paging didn't work either.

Well, is there a site that sells a ProVari all set up and ready to go? Everywhere I go they want to know what you would like to add to the ProVari: cartomizer, atomizer, etc.

Is the ProVari just the battery???

Thank You.

Vapor2112

Atty Baller - Level 2
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Virgin-ia
The ProVari itself is just the "mod" itself, no batteries.
Are you new to vaping, do you have any other supplies?
At a bare minimum, if you have other vaping supplies already, you'll need the ProVari model of your liking, appropriate batteries (i'd recommend at least 2), and a charger.
If you don't already have other supplies (carts, atty's, etc for 510 style), I'd highly recommend a lot more reading in these forums before your purchase. The ProVari is an amazing device, but there is some learning in the vaping world in general before I'd step into it.
From your signature, it looks like you're pretty new to this world?
ProVari is the best device I've used in 4+ years no doubt, so fire away with any questions you may have.
You may also want to browse through the ProVari sub forums.

YoureFired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
The Berserkshires, MA
Thanks, Off Topic. I thought I Googled "Provari kit" once, but found nothing that I understood well enough.

Yes, I'm very new to this, but I have four eGo W's for the last couple of weeks, with two chargers. I like the feel and style of the eGos and a couple of the juices are just awesome (pina colada and coffee), but I'm finding that I am constantly charging batteries and filling the clearomizers throughout the day. The decrease in performance is noticeable within just a couple of hours until I add a new clearomizer or freshly charged battery. Also, the little whistle tips keep falling out in my jacket pocket. I thought I'd lost one already but then soon found it on the ground next to my car.

I explained all of this and more in my original post before I logged in, LOL. I was on my way to work, so I couldn't take the time to re-write it.

So, would my eGo W chargers work on a ProVari??

LabLover

Verified Member
Mar 23, 2012
California
This is what I recently bought and I'm thrilled:

ProVari Variable Voltage V2 with Digital Display
[Charger?:Yes, Add MultiCharger]
[18650 Extension?:Yes, Add the 18650 Extension Cap]
[18650 Batteries?:Add Two 18650 AW IMR Batteries]

I've heard the Pila Charger is better, which is sold under the "Accessories, Atomizers, and Parts" area under "Products". The charger that came with the Provari tends to run hotter than I feel comfortable using. I went with the extension cap and larger batteries. When I buy the Pila Charger, I'll add another battery to my rotation as well. I vape a lot and one battery lasts about 6-8 hours of chain-vaping.

YoureFired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
The Berserkshires, MA
I've already invested over a couple hundred dollars on gas station kits, then upgraded to eGo, plus liquids... I just hope this upgrading thing ends at ProVari.

I've probably spent over twenty grand on cigarettes in my life, considering they were only $10 per carton when I started smoking, so wth. (Just thinking out loud here)

edit: Ah, I just registered to be verified for classified posting on here, so maybe I can find a good deal on a ProVari there.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
After two years of vaping on an eGo, I ordered and received a Provari V2, which I've had for a week. It's a great ecig, mainly because it's able to produce a tightly regulated voltage from 2.9v - 6v with a max amperage of 3.5 amps. Amperage capability is the limiting factor for very low resistance atomizer/cartomizer use. With the Provari, you can use higher resistance coils (3 ohm is good) and step up the voltage 1/10 of a volt at a time to find the sweet spot.

The thing about the Provari is that the electronics are good enough to accurately maintain the voltage wherever you set it and provide enough current flow to make every vape the same, even when the batteries get almost to cutoff.

I already had the Trustfire TR-001 charger that sells for under $20. It's the same charger as the Tenergy model the Provape sells. It runs cool and the AW 18650 IMR batteries for the Provari charge with an almost undetectable heat rise.

Lavatube is another option at a lower price. It's made from aluminum and the Provari is precision machined stainless steel. That's more important when it comes to thread wear. The Lavatube has a 2.5 amp current limit, so you will see a reduction in voltage when using dual coil cartomizers because of the high current draw. The Lavatube will limit the voltage automatically when you use dual coils since it doesn't have the ability to deliver high current. Still, it's the favorite of many for its variable voltage at a lower price.

Last edited:

Samyaza

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2012
London, ON
That's $222.75, Lab. I would also need a tank and a drip tip. And I thought those cool wooden box mods were expensive...

Yep, Provari's are (I think) the most expensive out there. They are worth every cent though.

If you want a tank then you will need cartomizers to go in the tank. I'd suggest you get yourself 2 smoktech dual coil tanks (DCTs) and a batch of 2ohm and 2.5ohm pre-punched cartomizers to go in them before you splash out on an expensive tank. That will save you some initial money and they look good on a provari as well (6ml). I think most of the other tanks you get you will need to punch the holes into the cartomizers yourself, so these would be a bit like tank training wheels :D

So your shopping list would be:
  • The Provari Mod
  • Batteries for the Provari
  • Charger for batteries
  • 2 Tanks (drip tips normally come with the initial tank as well as a 1.5ohm cartomizer)
  • 2 sets of cartomizers

Optional (really nice to have)
  • Extender cap for the provari
  • 2 AW IMR 18650 batteries

The reason I suggest a pack of 2ohm and 2.5ohm cartomizers is so that you will be able to decide which you like the most as you get the 1.5ohms with the initial tank purchase :)

TarFreeMe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2012
Bellevue, NE
Thank you, Samyaza. Great info and just what I'd hoped for with this thread.

I'd hate to spend $200 on the ProVari, get it a week later and then find out it's not a complete unit (just add liquid).

What everyone has failed to tell you about the Provari is how excruciating it is waiting for it to arrive! I ordered mine two days ago and find myself refreshing the order status page countless times during the day in anticipation of seeing it change from "Processing" to "Shipped."

This agonizing wait is tearing me up! :vapor: When will the USPS start using that teleportation technology that's been around so long? ;)

Enjoy the journey!

elgatoenelsombrero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2012
Gautier, MS
This is what I recently bought and I'm thrilled:

ProVari Variable Voltage V2 with Digital Display
[Charger?:Yes, Add MultiCharger]
[18650 Extension?:Yes, Add the 18650 Extension Cap]
[18650 Batteries?:Add Two 18650 AW IMR Batteries]

I've heard the Pila Charger is better, which is sold under the "Accessories, Atomizers, and Parts" area under "Products". The charger that came with the Provari tends to run hotter than I feel comfortable using. I went with the extension cap and larger batteries. When I buy the Pila Charger, I'll add another battery to my rotation as well. I vape a lot and one battery lasts about 6-8 hours of chain-vaping.

I bought the exact same setup and skipped the actual kit they sell since I already had carts and juice and wanted the bigger setup, I just received mine yesterday and I'm vaping my face off. I also added a silver aluminum drip tip and it cost 227.70. I ordered on monday and it came in on friday so pretty quick shipping from washington to mississippi. If you spring for a provari, you wont be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread