Provari Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obi Wan Vapori

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2013
Saco,ME,USA
The ones they sell are of course the ones they recommend to use with the ProVari. They ask what seems to me to be the going price for AW IMR 18650's at least from a reputable dealer. You have to be careful where you get your batteries from. Some counterfeit and re-labeled rejects are around. You are better off spending a buck or two more and getting them from a place that has a reputation for selling quality stuff. Make sure you don't forget to order the extension cap. :)

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
I got my batteries from ProVapes. I am confident they are authentic AW batteries. It seems to matter!

Be sure to get a good charger. Try RTDVapors. I got the Nitecore i2 charger for 20 bucks. They also carry the same AW batteries at about the same price as ProVapes.

Tapatalking on iPhone.
Join the CASAA.
Protect your Vaping Rights!

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
any of the better batteries will be in the same price range. it seems expensive at first but you have to remember, if you buy a couple now and rotate them regularly while also using a good charger they will easily last over a year. when you look at it that way the cost is reasonable.

Do I have to use the batteries they sell?
you do not have to use the ones they sell but they do recommend the AW brand, personally I use these.
Batteries : Panasonic High Drain NCR18650PD Hybrid 2900mAh Button Top
but if your concerned about the warranty better to stay with AW

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The Provari requires the use of button top IMR batteries. Using flat top batteries with magnets attached to allow them to function in a Provari is an unsafe battery practice and voids the warranty with Provape.

I use the red AW IMR batteries that Provape recommends. I get all of my batteries at RTD Vapor.

I also use a Nitecore Intellicharger i4 that I purchased from RTD Vapor.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I buy my batteries from Provape because I trust I'm getting what I'm paying for. I'm sure you can get them cheaper from other vendors but the price seems reasonable to me.

i agree to a point, some people think around 10 bucks is expensive until you realize a quality battery will run for a year or even longer if you rotate a couple of them.

hopefulpoet

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2013
Champaign, IL
The Provari requires the use of button top IMR batteries. Using flat top batteries with magnets attached to allow them to function in a Provari is an unsafe battery practice and voids the warranty with Provape.

I use the red AW IMR batteries that Provape recommends. I get all of my batteries at RTD Vapor.

I also use a Nitecore Intellicharger i4 that I purchased from RTD Vapor.

Ditto. I have the same battery set-up and will always go through RTD since I know they're legit and affordable. Batteries are the one thing I will not mess around with (I've seen the pics of meltdowns).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread