Provari dead ship; need help finding a new ship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opi21

Apr 15, 2012
USA
Request: Need advice and recommendations on finding a new vape cig and possibly atomizer.

Current vaping Equipment: Provari 2 and drip using AvidVaper's HH.357 510 atomizers. These atomizers are unreliable as they have a high tendency to fail. Coupled with being expensive I need recommendations of a new atty. Atty ohms is 3.0 and vape using 5.7 voltage.

Details: Lost my Provari and since they don't make them anymore I need a new ecig. But the market has so many options it's overwhelming so I need advice. I loved my provari. I don't really like the box mods but I am open to getting one. The size of the Provari mini was perfect for me. The regular provari was a bit too large for my liking.

Also need recommendations on a new atty. I drip but I am open to other suggestions. I did use cartomizers a long time ago but found they lacked in throat hit. I see things like the tank systems but I find them to be too big and looks cumbersome. Should I keep dripping or is time to get something new? I love the HH .357 attys and the throat hit they give but they are too unreliable.

So any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Reactions: Opinionated

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
i have better luck with avid aero atties for some juices and they are much cheaper.
i once loved carto's too. i just recently found a couple and have a carto tank running.

i havn't had the best luck finding replacements for eithor one.

my favorite tank is a uwell crown and i vape that between 40 and 55 watts.

i just found a nice mod for a good price think its a sihi Q class. i have held it in my hands a few times and it's a very nice quality mod for the price. i found mine for $135 shipped. it won't be here untill tomorrow some time.

i have a few other mods but none of them really compare to the quality of my provari's.

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
I'm a little confused about your Provari. Is it LOST as in gone missing and never to be found again, or is it LOST as in passed away, DOA, broken?

If you still have the Provari, you might be able to get it fixed. Provape has a person with a supply of parts that will be doing repairs for a while. You can email him and tell him what happened, and if he might be able to fix it for you he will send you the information to have the repairs done. It isn't likely to be free, but it will get your Provari back if you wanted to keep using it. The email link is at both the old provape.com and provarifuel.com websites. I've got one ready to ship back, and so far it seems to be going pretty smoothly.

If you want another Provari, there might be a few left in stores, or you could get verified here and start stalking the classies.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@Opi21 - (Decided to tag you here in case you haven't been back to see there are other posts.)

New Provari 2.5 Minis (only the Zombie now though) are still available for $49.95 at the link given above by leftyandsparky and mentioned in TJVapes post. If you want one...you may want to jump on it ASAP, because even on eBay, any new ones listed have been going for much more!

Opi21

Apr 15, 2012
USA
I'm a little confused about your Provari. Is it LOST as in gone missing and never to be found again, or is it LOST as in passed away, DOA, broken?

If you still have the Provari, you might be able to get it fixed. Provape has a person with a supply of parts that will be doing repairs for a while. You can email him and tell him what happened, and if he might be able to fix it for you he will send you the information to have the repairs done. It isn't likely to be free, but it will get your Provari back if you wanted to keep using it. The email link is at both the old provape.com and provarifuel.com websites. I've got one ready to ship back, and so far it seems to be going pretty smoothly.

If you want another Provari, there might be a few left in stores, or you could get verified here and start stalking the classies.

It's lost as in it fell somewhere and somebody else has a nice, beautiful Copper Provari Mini :( Currently I'm using my brother's ugly faded blue spare to vape.

Are there no better mods out there than the Provari right now? Because after using it for like 5 years I kind of want to try something new. Also any other recommendations on Atomizers? Thanks for the replies guys, I totally forgot I posted this earlier this week lol. But I will need to get a new one soon, I'm afraid my brother might lose his and then I am screwed.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
It's lost as in it fell somewhere and somebody else has a nice, beautiful Copper Provari Mini :( Currently I'm using my brother's ugly faded blue spare to vape.

Are there no better mods out there than the Provari right now? Because after using it for like 5 years I kind of want to try something new. Also any other recommendations on Atomizers? Thanks for the replies guys, I totally forgot I posted this earlier this week lol. But I will need to get a new one soon, I'm afraid my brother might lose his and then I am screwed.

Dicodes has something people say is comparable to the provari, while having some more modern features like temperature control and goes a bit higher watts than my provari p3.. It's the Dicodes Dani Extreme V3 (+1 on this by the way.. )

That said, there is still the reo which is just as popular with vapors as the provari.. but the provari to this day is the best on the market in its class.

Other than that, you can get into mods like the bellavista, but the price tag on that is outrageous, imho.

You can join the sub ohmers, but if your happy with the provari then you probably won't want to go there..

Sans provari, I'm going with that Dani extreme 3 just for the temperature control features. Even with my provari's I'd like to get one once I can afford it.

I use a kayfun rta that I'm totally thrilled with. You might like to try a kayfun atomizer if you never have. If you don't want to rebuild, then I'd go with a nautilus (try the nautilus x)

Last edited:

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States

I'm sorry you really did lose your Provari, I was hoping it just needed some TLC and repairs.

Check with the DFW site people linked, or if you can give them a call when they are open, try that. Is the copper color you mentioned the bronze metallic color? The gold zenkote is a nice golden color, not copper, but not super yellow either. From what I've seen, they seem to add new stuff to the web when old stuff sells out. If you can get verified, you can stalk the classifieds here and maybe get a nice one down the road.

I like the Nautilus X atty's with the 1.8 coil. They are small 2ml tanks that fit neatly into short spaces. It will be a bit wider than a Provari taper top, but fit well on a P3 style top cap. If you can find a used P3, it will have extenders that you can use to go from mini to 18650 sizes, plus the P3 takes flat top batteries if you want to get away from the button tops.

The Triton mini tanks are good too. They are taller and skinny (fit the Provari Taper well) 2mm tanks with several coil options available.

The Pico kit is a small box mod, but not very expensive. You can get it with the Melo III mini tank or mod-only and use your own tank under 22mm diameter. It is a nice tootle mod if you use your higher ohm coils, but can go sub-ohm if you want something under 75 watts. It isn't a Provari, but nothing is quite like them.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I will regret the day my provari dies, I will literally cry a river. I've been taking her to work now for 4 years and really don't know what to do without her. I now come home after work, remove the atty, set her in a stand and don't use it until the next day. Its going to be a difficult journey trying to find something to replace the provari.
My condolences on your loss.....

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
I will regret the day my provari dies, I will literally cry a river. I've been taking her to work now for 4 years and really don't know what to do without her. I now come home after work, remove the atty, set her in a stand and don't use it until the next day. Its going to be a difficult journey trying to find something to replace the provari.
My condolences on your loss.....
So go to DFWVapor. They have several monis and some 2.5s for $49.99. Hthey were store displays so may have some nicks and dings but they assumed they are new.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

Try the iStick Pico. It's a single 18650 removable battery mod like the Provari V2 ( I have a Provari V2, also). The iStick Pico is a 75W variable voltage, wattage, and temperature control mod that has built in over current protection and fits in a pocket nicely.

iStick Pico Mod Only

hcour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
SC
Dicodes has something people say is comparable to the provari, while having some more modern features like temperature control and goes a bit higher watts than my provari p3.. It's the Dicodes Dani Extreme V3 (+1 on this by the way.. )

I clicked the link and checked out the manual, wowsa! I think you have to take a college course to learn how to work the darn thing! But it is a beauty.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
The ECF classies ... I've seen several ProVaris sold there for $40-$50 recently.

IMHO, only another ProVari could replace a lost Provi :blink:

Lots of shiny mini's up for sale in classys and google but few standards. I hate 350 batts, even 500's are a push so without having extension or a severe mismatch I don't want a mini. The standards that do land are scooped up quick. Just glad I got my wife a P3 a week before they closed, great unit for her 1.6ohm clapton subtank tootle puffing needs and now her pink 2.5 can be put to sleep until needed. Vaping and enjoying quality low ohm builds, never having to hear my wife is having gear issues, just beginning a TC journey with some SS wire and just simply having a top shelf vape experience. The provari now only goes to work with me.

Reactions: WillyZee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread